What do you discuss?

Posted by: jabber

What do you discuss? - 10/27/14 02:58 PM

They raised me to stay away from subjects like politics and religion. So what's left? Current affairs is full of shootings. Politics is dirty. Religion is sacred. And other stuff's too depressing. By the by, when Chatty went home to be with The Lord, we lost our best chatterbox. Now what??? cry
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: What do you discuss? - 10/28/14 01:41 AM

Hi Jabber,

Good question. Maybe we can discuss stuff that is true but just so amazing you can't believe it.

Like did you hear that the maker of Camel cigarettes is banning smoking in its offices? I mean, what can you do but laugh?

Their spokesperson said:
Quote:
“We’re just better aligning our tobacco use policies with the realities of what you’re seeing in society today.”

Re: What do you discuss? - 10/28/14 01:38 PM

Now that's funny. Camel is a strong cigarette, too. I smoked them, when I was young and stupid. I think I heard that E-cigarettes were going to be ban in some places, too. I quit smoking in 1984, after a very dear friend kept hounding me to quit. She saved my life. I'm so grateful. I wouldn't be here, otherwise. Because I smoked 2 pack of cigarettes a day back then. I started smoking at age 12; and quit at age 40. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. sleep crazy
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: What do you discuss? - 10/28/14 09:12 PM

Thankfully I never smoked. Or at least ever made a habit of it. When I was in my early teens I did buy a pack of some sort of cigarette while off attending a youth conference where I wanted to look cool and hip like so many of the others there. But i never inhaled and thankfully never bought any more.

Re: What do you discuss? - 10/29/14 12:28 PM

I believe you. But it makes me laugh: "I never inhaled." Didn't one of our recent presidents say that? Either Clinton or Obama said they smoked wacki-tobacci but didn't inhale. I am glad, however, that you never made it a habit. It's a rotten habit. And I hate it!!!! I've lost several family members and a few friends due that rotten stuff. Methinks tobacco is the invention of the devil!!! mad