Knee and hip replacements...?

Posted by: jabber

Knee and hip replacements...? - 01/28/16 02:34 PM

Anne, Glad the replacement surgery is behind you and all went well. I didn't want to cover up your announcement so decided to comment here. Lately, I've heard of a lot of people having knee and hip replacement surgery. Perhaps when you're feeling well enough, you can list the pros and cons, here, so others thinking of having a body part replaced might have concrete things to consider??? What do ya think?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Knee and hip replacements...? - 01/28/16 07:04 PM

I think that's a great idea, Jabber! Sorry I've been gone so long, my computer or monitor or both seem to have died while I was gone, and right now I'm working from an old iPad, whose keyboard is very hard for me to use. Keys are in different positions, etc.

However, I have kept a log since the 15th, my first full day home, and i would be happy to share my experiences, and those of others.

Can't talk very long this afternoon, I'm about to be picked up by a neighbor to go have my first physical therapy (PT) at the gym. I've been working since the day of surgery with PTs at the hospital and here at home. Doing your PT, taking your meds, eating right and getting rest are even more important if a person wants to be able to return to full capability.

All for now,
Anne