Do you know who said this?

Posted by: Vi

Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 04:11 AM

"The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality. Today Christians stand at the head of our country. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press -- in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of LIBERAL excess during the past years."
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 04:17 AM

Adolf Hitler
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 04:22 AM

No kidding???

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 04:29 AM

Yes, it was Adolf Hitler. He said it on July 22, 1933.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 04:41 AM

I was told he said these things in order to influence the Conservative Christians and unfortunately he didn't mean a word of this. Example: When the Labor Unions asked for a holiday, he said okay and thus May Day was created 'BUT' the very next day he abolished the Labor unions...so you see he was some times a genius but always a lying maniac....

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 04:53 AM

I prefer this ideology: can you guess who said this one?

"If man is to survive, he will have learned to take a delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a delight, part of life's exciting variety, not something to fear."
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 05:07 AM

I wonder what the people who heard that speech were thinking at the time? Seems to be totally out of character for Hitler. Of course, back then they didn't have the internet and various news sources to get all the information they needed to make a fair judgement.

Daisygirl
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 05:15 AM

Gene Roddenberry

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 05:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vi:
We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press -- in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of LIBERAL excess during the past years."

How can one say that this was out of character for him? He spoke his vision and then did everything in his power to make it happen, climaxing in the actual burning of who he believed to be the "poison of immorality" in his extermination camps.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 05:22 AM

When he said those words(Hitler) he was still trusted by many and believed. It wasn't until sometime after that they learned that all the good things he muttered were lies to drag followers into his web of deceit. He did a pretty good job of that too. He is the perfect example of what complacency can become over time.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 05:23 AM

Right on, JJ. Gene Roddenberry. Unity in diversity. Delighting in what makes us unique, celebrating what unites us, rejoicing and finding enrichment in each other's innate giftedness above and beyond the differences that some would seek to obliterate into conformity.

A total antithesis to Hitler's vision.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 05:39 AM

He spoke at NASA, which is here in my town. He died in 1991, I believe? He was also the producer of Star Trek, wasn't he? A visionary ahead of his time....

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 07:39 AM

...a candle in the night...

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 07:58 AM

I love Gene Roddenberry. He inspired in ways that are beautiful, uplifting as well as showing what humanity is capable of at both extremes.

I find it interesting that the same culture produced two very different people - Gene and GW, with very different ideologies. Doesn't anyone else see that what Hitler said is very close to what Pat Robertson and the extreme right are saying now? Intolerance however packaged is still intolerance.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 08:38 AM

What makes religious-based intolerance so dangerous is that it comes couched in familiar language spoken by powerful people who believe that what they're saying is truth, so much so that ultimately what they themselves believe is all they can read into the Scriptures. Their eyes are blinded to any other possibilities.

The same can be said for me, who believes that God wears many faces and goes by many names...ever since my eyes were open to that possibility, it's all I can read into the Scriptures now...my eyes are now blinded to any other possibility that doesn't speak love and unconditional celebration of each unique beloved.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 09:00 AM

Eagle Heart, what you said is excellent. What an honest person you are. What you say is true of all of us.

Now following your suggestion above, can you guess who said this one?

"Why, of course people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought around to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
Posted by: norma

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 10:17 AM

this sounds like Leo Tolstoy, from his book "the kingdom of God is within you". When the book came out in the late 188o's it was banned, because it contained this type of information and it contained his extremely negative opinion of those controlling and intrepreting christianity.

[ December 11, 2005, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: norma ]

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 09:53 PM

Herman Goering, at the Nuremburg Trials: "Why, of course people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voiceor no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/11/05 11:01 PM

You're right JawJaw. His words are so true today also.
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 02:37 AM

Sorry, ladies, but there's no way you're going to convince me Goering ever could be trusted no matter what he said. Several million Holocost deaths attest to that!

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 03:18 AM

I'm sorry but having studied him in some detail I doubt Pat Robertson should be in any way used as a good example of Christianity or its beliefs...A true example of someone who preaches and lives the Chrisian way is Reverend Billy Graham. My opinion!

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 04:44 AM

I didn't say Goering was a good person. I'm not trying to convince anyone of that. I was just saying his words were true then, and they are true now. They can be appropriately applied to the current worldwide terrorism situation. Both the terrorist, our government and some of the governments of other countries are trying to keep us in fear. Like Goering said, make someone afraid enough, and they/we will do just about anything.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 04:49 AM

Oops, I forgot something...

How about sharing a quote you find appropriate or like? See if we can guess who said it, and we can discuss it's merits

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 06:33 AM

All I did was a simple "google" to find the answer. I don't know him, nor have I studied him. Furthermore, I don't wanna study him. And I sure as heck don't want in on any political discussions!

However, I LOVE quotes. I have a bazillion of them, and love them. Love the wisdom I can gain from them, and what they can offer. So, in the interest of participating, here's my contribution:

.....I was so naive as a kid, I use to sneak up behind the barn and do nothing.....

Well? Any takers?

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 06:40 AM

Sounds like something George Carlin would say...
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 07:00 AM

Jeff Foxworthy?

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 07:03 AM

NOPE...and NOPE....

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 07:13 AM

Georgia Richardson?

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 07:33 AM

I wish....no, it was Johnny Carson.

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 06:08 PM

How bout this one...

Money is a terrible master, but an excellent servant...

JJ
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 07:51 PM

Phineas Taylor Barnum

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 07:54 PM

you got it Vicki! Sure did.

Next?

JJ
Posted by: Danita

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 08:08 AM

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes down to the bone!!! (rotfpmp)

Danita

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 08:32 AM

Danita, I think that was Larry the cable guy.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 09:23 PM

Lewis Grizzard?

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 09:37 PM

WHO is Lewis gizzard?

(I like Larry the cable guy!)

danita

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 09:51 PM

Well, he is a Southern humorist that died a few years ago. He has used this line before, in one of his videos... so I figured it MIGHT be him. If you haven't read any of his work, you should. It is hilarious. Like "I haven't understood anything since 1962." Or one of my favs...Elvis is dead and I don't feel so good myself.

JJ
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 10:06 PM

I've heard, beauty is skin deep and that's deep enough for me.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 10:41 PM

That's soooo funny!

Danita

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/12/05 11:47 PM

Here's some links about Lewis Grizzard

http://newnan.com/lg/

http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/Article.jsp?id=h-987

Here's some of his most memorable quotes

Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.

"I grew up in a very large family in a very small house. I never slept alone until after I was married."

"If Love Were Oil, I'd Be About a Quart Low."

"The public, more often than not, will forgive mistakes, but it will not forgive trying to wriggle and weasel out of one."

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 02:36 AM

Another one of his good ones, and a trademark, was "A woman that will take your dog, will cut ya." He had been married so many times and was friends, for the most part, with all of his Ex's, so he used that for material. He wrote for years and years for the Atlanta Journal and the Atlanta Constitution. He is the one who coined the phrase, "Damn brother, I don't believe I'd told that!"

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 02:37 AM

So...Danita...who said that?

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 02:39 AM

This guys a hoot and these funny sayings sure beat hell out of those serious (might be) controversal ones. Thanks JJ, thats why you're the Queen...

Heres one: I have never seen a monument erected to a pessimist!

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 02:47 AM

Norman Vincent Peale?
Posted by: ladybug

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 02:47 AM

Here's a recent quote and I will tell you who said it because she isn't really well known or very famous at all:

"It seems to me that whoever screams the loudest quiets everyone else."

Michelle Park, Editor of the Kent State University student newspaper.

A very appropriate quote don't you think Vi? [Wink]

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 03:02 AM

Nope Bluebird it wasn't him. Any more want to guess this one?
And Ladybug there is another saying that sort of agrees with yours and its that:
The squeekest wheel gets the grease...
No clue who said it.

[ December 12, 2005, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 03:08 AM

In this case the "Squeaky Wheel" thoroughly squelched the opportunity for a good, intelligent discussion and some healing among the people it "supposedly" offended.

[ December 12, 2005, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 03:29 AM

O.k. the saying was by Paul Harvey - Radio ncommentator.

Heres another good one to try to guess:

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die...whether it it our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 03:38 AM

Mother Teresa?

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 03:43 AM

Oh my far from it even though it was a heartfelt saying...it was the comedian, Gilda Radner. I just loved her and thought she was a comedic genius. She passed this way for too short a time.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 04:25 AM

Ladybug...what did you mean by your statement above?

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 04:57 AM

"It seems to me that whoever screams the loudest quiets everyone else."

Ladybug, you said "In this case the "Squeaky Wheel" thoroughly squelched the opportunity for a good, intelligent discussion and some healing among the people it "supposedly" offended." To that I say right on.

Sometime the person being quieted was the one who needed most to be heard. Ignorance often speaks very loudly.

There was nothing to worry about, so she danced by the fire. And as her clothes caught on fire and her hair burned, the house burst into flames. But she did not worry, for there was nothing to worry about.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 05:00 AM

Thanks Vi, for jumping in there, but I'm sorry, call me the village idiot, but I still do not understand who or what Ladybug is referring to.

Ladybug?

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 05:10 AM

JawJaw, glad I kept the paper by me.

Go to www.cleveland.com/columns/plaindealer
next, go to the section called Metro for Sam Fulwood III. Check his article on the December 10th date called Free Speech.

I just happened to like her quote and the article is one of Mr. Fulwood's better ones.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 05:28 AM

I would, except you have to give info and I don't want to do that. I'll take your word for it.

Okay, let's get back to having some fun!

What about this one?

MUCH LEARNING DOES NOT TEACH UNDERSTANDING

JJ
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 05:40 AM

I don't know, JJ. I'm not good with quotes but I saw one today and I thought I'd post it.

"The time to fix the roof is when the sun is still shining."

I hope I got it right.

another one I like is:

"Old age ain't for sissies."

Louisa

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 05:45 AM

John F. Kennedy and Bette Davis....

LOVE THOSE QUOTES!

And you know, I should pay attention to the time to fix the roof while the sun shining quote. I have a tendency to wait until something forces me to "fix the roof."

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 05:48 AM

Hey that's good! You knew both of them. Me too, I'm a procrastinator.

Louisa

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 05:55 AM

So would you stay in your house if it was burning? Or would you keep your head in the sand if you were a suffocating ostrich?

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 05:58 AM

Vi,
Are you asking anyone in particular these questions? And are they stemming from the article referenced by Ladybug? Or are you throwing them out there in hopes of "intelligent" discussions, as Ladybug said?

I'm not sure what you are asking here but the first question doesn't really need an answer, does it?

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 06:02 AM

Oh and the last quote I put out there was by Heraclitus

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 06:12 AM

The depth of knowledge displayed here just blows me away. I'm really enjoying every quote your writing.

If I offended anyone or cut off discussion, that was not my intention. I reacted strongly to what someone said because it was a gut, emotional reaction. It was never my intention to cut off discussion, and I'm sorry if anyone thought that.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 06:13 AM

JJ,you can answer whatever you want. You can answer the things I put out there if you want. You can ignore them if you want. It's all up to you. You're a smart lady. You decide.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 06:15 AM

Did I miss something here? Who mentioned anything about houses burning, thought we were fixing roofs or at least talking about it? Oh and as the resident animal expert, an Ostrich would never suffocate with its head in the sand. They are quite clever birds. Okay smartie pants JJ see if you or anyone can guess this one:

There are two ways of exerting one's strength,
one is pushing down, the other is pulling up..

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 06:30 AM

Jackie,
I don't think you offended anyone in the least! How could you? No way girlfriend... This is suppose to be an open board and anyone can participate.

And Vi, I was asking if you wanted discussion, or if you were asking these things in response to another post. I didn't want to cut YOURS off. No need to get snippy about it.

Chatty, my answer is Booker T. Washington.

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 06:38 AM

Doggone it JJ you are a smart lady, you got it and that blows me away. There is quite a brain under all that pretty red hair....NHJackie you're a doll and couldn't be anything else.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 06:59 AM

Aw, you ladies are gonna make me cry. I was accused in another place (not here in Boomerland) of always having to have the last word and cutting off any discussion that didn't go the way I wanted. It was a big blow to my self esteem. I ended up dropping out of the group and nobody came to my defense. So I started to think maybe that person was right.

Sometimes my approval addiction rears its ugly head and I have to beat it back into submission.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 07:23 AM

I'm no dummy myself, but Vi, I have no idea what you are talking about either. Nor, could I get onto that website LB mentioned without giving them information that I didn't choose to give out. (I don't sign onto stuff like that.)

I'm also asking, are those questions for one person in particular or is it for the group? It appeared to be private, which is fine. Just clarify please. If it is for the group, it has lost something somewhere along the line. What house is burning? Of course, I'd grab my purse, my jewelry, my kids pictures off the wall and run like hell if the house was on fire, but I don't know why an ostrich puts his fool head in the sand and I don't really care about that one. Sorry Chatty, didn't mean to insult ostriches.

Louisa

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 07:40 AM

Ok,

Ya'll are much brighter then I am in the "book learnin"...

Here's a couple for ya from one of my favs...

"it's not the men in my life...but the life in my men".

"come see me sometime, come Wednesday, it's amature night".

"I used to be snow white, but I drifted".

"beleuha...give me a grape"

"oh, bow wow big boy!

(lol, this is MY speed!)

(I hope I wasn't the one to p.o'd people with my dorky quote a piece back)

Danita...

the most unusual color in the crayon package!

[ December 12, 2005, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Danita ]

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 07:47 AM

did May West say all of those, Danita?
Louisa

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 07:49 AM

I know the first one is Mae West...are all of them by her?

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 07:49 AM

Here's one, JJ.
"I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work."

Louisa

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 07:53 AM

Yup, Mae west

She was my idol in high school - I imitated her at a Jr. Miss competition-- I had NO idea she was an "old west prostitute". Now isn't that spppeecccialllll!

Danita

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 07:55 AM

Pearl S. Buck

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 08:05 AM

Here's one:

"The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has"

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 05:06 PM

You are good at this, JJ.

Gee, Danita, you must have been popular in school after that. [Big Grin]
Louisa
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 06:51 PM

Danita, you are a hoot. I bet your mother loved that.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 07:23 PM

The web site is a harmless link to the P.D. and all it asked for was your zip code, the year of your birth and whether you are a male or female. The Plain Dealer has been a respected organization in Cleveland for a hundred years or more. This is a public newspaper. I did give the information out because I didn't see anything suspect in the three harmless questions.

Actually, you're missing out on reading a very good article.

[ December 13, 2005, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 07:58 PM

May West and why did she say "Come Up and See me Some Time" Hey, what is wrong with that . Hee Haw ! What are you all fighting about . You know what they do with cats when they fight threw water on them .

[ December 13, 2005, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/14/05 08:17 AM

You go Nancy...good idea except I think some are missing the point. No one was saying the paper was sinister. Not at all. How that idea came about, I'll never know. I speak for myself when I say I preferred not to give the info. I simply didn't want to sign up for yet another newspaper simply to read an article. And from this it became a hot spot? Go figure.

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/14/05 08:26 AM

J.J.
Someone likes to start a fight on here to get there highs for the day. I am going to water on this thread . Right J.J.

[ December 13, 2005, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/14/05 08:54 AM

Good job, JJ. As usual, your sense of humor shines through your words. Hand me a hose, girlfriend!

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/14/05 08:55 AM

I never give out any personal information to any site unless absolutely necessary. I'm with you JJ, no matter how beneficial one article or one experience on a website might be, I simply refuse to give any personal information away to any site I'm not going to deal with on an ongoing basis. Maybe it stems from my years of computer network techie training...I had to do several brutal courses on Internet security and that was enough for me to exercise personal caution.

It doesn't say anything whatsoever about the sites themselves, it's a personal choice...mine's based on a wealth of information I've had to study about cookies and spyware and how these sites use your information, despite the best-sounding privacy policies.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 09:01 PM

Nancy, sometimes I too can feel an underlying friction and hint of aggressiveness in some of the posts in these forums lately. It's sad and daunting for us more introverted, sensitive types, but the bottom line is that I love this place, and love the culture and pray constantly that the Spirit of Love and Truth will always protect it and us from being hurt by each other, whether deliberately or inadvertently.

My hope is that we can always find our way back from any friction to reasserting the caring respect that makes it the healing place it has been and can be and will continue to be.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 09:04 PM

Well said Eagle. Indeed.

Hugs, JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 09:24 PM

Wow, I just made a simple statement and was not trying to start a fight at all! [Roll Eyes]

I changed the word "sinister" to a harmless link to the P.D. Hope that's better.

[ December 13, 2005, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]
Posted by: DJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 10:07 PM

I've been reading this thread and wondering why some are finding hostility? You can read any text as aggressive and hostile if you want, depending on the voice in your head. So, it seems to me (once again) that without the nonverbals (eye contact, facial expression, voice inflection, tone, pitch, etc.) there's miscommunication going on here. I suggest that everyone read a "questionable" sentence out loud, using different voice inflections and emphasizing different words. It's a common exercise in beginning nonverbal communication classes.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/13/05 10:11 PM

Eagle and J.J.
Well said indeed . Some set at there computer and think what can I do today to start a fight and get my high for the day . They want a cat fight and then you start losing people off the boomer site . These people who start the fight sit back on there and laugh into there PC .

Ok, Jackie I turn the hose over too you .

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/16/05 06:08 AM

Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten. Buddha

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/16/05 09:58 PM

Lovely quote, Vi. Words for all of us to live by.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/16/05 10:34 PM

DJ, excellent idea.

The crazy thing is that I rarely see the ruffling of the feathers. I guess I'm too much of a PollyAnna.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/16/05 11:13 PM

Dotsie, I think it is merely that you are truly a nice person and not looking for it.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/16/05 11:15 PM

Has anyone seen the scandals erupting concerning Diebold? Vi?

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/16/05 11:28 PM

Okay, here's a quote for you. One of my favorites.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/16/05 11:40 PM

I'm ashamed to say, the only quotes I've known on this thread so far were Mae West's !!!

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/17/05 12:53 AM

Bluebird,

That makes ME feel much better! LOL

"bow wow big gal!"

Danita
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/17/05 01:06 AM

and Brenda makes 3. [Roll Eyes]

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/17/05 01:07 AM

Well I'm in very good company, then!!

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/17/05 03:14 AM

Thanks for asking, Ladybug. The latest I've seen is below:

BBV: Leon County, FL to Dump Diebold After Undetectable Hack Reverses Test Election!
Results Completely Flipped Despite 800 Documented Officials Told by Diebold That It Couldn't be Done!
Election Supervisor Requests Funds to Replace Diebold in County, Says 'We will never use Diebold in an election again'

See story at:

http://www.bradblog.com/archives/00002156.htm

I find this whole thing fascinating.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/17/05 07:44 PM

Vi, my son and husband already knew about this. There have also been a few articles in the Plain Dealer the last two days.

I checked this website. I'm sure it concerns a lot of us who originally suspected fraud way back.
Thanks for educating us on this subject. I hope more of the good ladies here will check it out.

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/18/05 08:43 AM

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/17/05 09:52 PM

"Most folks are as happy as they want to be."

Abraham Lincoln

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/20/05 07:35 PM

"Money is a very excellent servant, but a terrible master."

who said that?

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/20/05 09:12 PM

P.T. Barnum

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/20/05 10:29 PM

correct, you got it JJ.

Who said this?

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/25/05 04:54 AM

"Love of money is the root of all evil."

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/25/05 03:49 PM

The Bible

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/25/05 05:41 PM

Ok, JJ. I have one for you.

"Men are like buses; there's another one coming by in 20 minutes."

Louisa

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/25/05 07:38 PM

The only one I can remember saying this is the Mother in the movie, My American Cousin. Yes? No?

JJ

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/27/05 09:49 AM

That's close JJ. I was being silly. Actually, it was MY mother. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] She always said that to my sister and I when we were younger and lost boyfriends. My sister used to get even more upset because she said she always missed the bus. I eventually started using it on my daughter too. How old is that movie? I've never seen it and I doubt my mother has.
Louisa
Posted by: norma

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/27/05 11:30 AM

"Let's go to the circus tomorrow if -God willing-
we're still alive; and if not, let's go on Tuesday."

Re: Do you know who said this? - 12/30/05 03:22 AM

Vicki, as a writer, I like that. Don't know who said it, but I read it the other day.

Who said this?

"I'm not young enough to know everything."

Re: Do you know who said this? - 01/26/06 04:30 AM

Paul Graham?

while I was googling the quote I came across this blog.

http://www.braithwaite-lee.com/weblog/2005/10/im-not-young-enough-to-know-everything.html
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: Do you know who said this? - 01/26/06 04:21 PM

I believe Eagle Heart summed it up quite well when she said her eyes were blinded and now all she can see when she reads scripture is the unity in diversity, god (little god) is homogenous with every religion and creed..
Rev. 20th chapter basically sums up this whole topic: John the revelator speaks: " I saw a great white throne with someone sitting on it. Earth and heven tried to run away, but there was no place for them to go. I also saw all the dead people standing in front of that throne. Every one of them was there, no matter who they had once been. Several books were opened, and then the book of life was opened. The dead were judged by what those books said they had done.
The sea gave up the dead people who were in it, and death and its kingdom also gave up their dead. Then everyone was judged by what they had done. Afterwards, death and its kingdom were thrown into into the lake of fire. This is the second death. Anyone whose name wasn't written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire."
Gee, maybe that's what Pat Robertson fears most in life. Maybe he gets it, and you have been deceived. There's a morsel to toss about. What if Pat is right???...
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: Do you know who said this? - 01/26/06 04:25 PM

OOps, that's heaven. I mistype once in a while, but I'm willing to stake my life on the truth of the very word of God thatI read in the Bible and they aren't open to interpretation. Facts are facts. Absolutes are absolutes. Even Johnny Cash 'When the Man Comes to Town' and Alanis Morrisset 'What If God Was One of Us' have that much in common.