Travelling to our area- news

Posted by: orchid

Travelling to our area- news - 08/08/10 05:08 PM

I can't remember if I mentioned to folks here, but I am one of the writers for our local tourism board's blog.

Have been writing for past few months this year so time just runs away and I forget to mention this as a travel resource.

Articles are meant for both visitors and locals. I focus on what one can see on bike in our area, routes, etc. List of clickable article titles from tourism blog with pics is here.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Travelling to our area- news - 08/09/10 01:04 PM

I am so glad that you are doing this, orchid. If I remember right, at first you thought it was a one time gig? And the idea of a tourism board using blogs is great! Yours is well written and I love that you add pictures. Wonderful.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Travelling to our area- news - 08/09/10 01:32 PM

I looked at that "Third Wave Cycling" blog and loved the pictures and article. I think it's great that you're into
biking; it has to be a healthy way to get around.

Re: Travelling to our area- news - 08/09/10 05:31 PM

Thx for your feedback. As for the tourism writer gig, it's volunteer. Oh well, it's nice to do something for a major, established organization.

But anyway, if you came to visit our city/area, you would see why it is easy to become passionate to write about things to see and do.

We will be taking a spontaneous short trip over to Vancouver Island. By using a combination of local rapid transit train, cycling, a 1.5 British Columbia ferry ride (across an ocean strait with rugged islands, ocean and mountain views) and cycling on VAncouver Island to a destination nearby. The trip cost one-way will be around: $25.00CAN in total. Total one-way distance for land and ocean trip combined, I think is at least 150 kms.

I think transport a car onto ferry itself is $47.00CAN one-way, excluding cost of gas.

And this is a government-run ferry, cheaper than private companies.

Now you know that if I don't spend any money on fashion, it's somewhere else...cheaply as I can but with stunningly beautiful scenery.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Travelling to our area- news - 08/09/10 07:51 PM

Great photography in the bike photo contest. Do you participate too?

Re: Travelling to our area- news - 08/12/10 02:52 AM

Not sure about the bike photo contest. Maybe you were referring to article on bike art which was fun for me to write and shoot photos. My own idea.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Travelling to our area- news - 09/03/10 09:10 PM

I am waiting patiently for Eagle Heart and her husband to come for a visit in October. The weather should be heavenly then and there is so much to do...
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Travelling to our area- news - 09/07/10 02:37 AM

I'm so excited, Chatty!!! We have a long-awaited wedding to travel to in 3 weeks, then we're helping to move my niece to Ottawa (yippee, I'll have family closeby again!!!), then Las Vegas. Less than a month now! I've already begun to pack. SO looking forward to seeing you!
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Travelling to our area- news - 09/07/10 02:41 AM

Another boomer meeting! How great is that! Your life is pretty full right now, Eagle. That's wonderful.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Travelling to our area- news - 09/07/10 02:56 AM

Yes it is, Edelweiss! It's a nice balance these days, with interesting travels throughout the summer (all to visit family and old friends) and good stretches of quiet rest in between. I always enjoy these pleasant plateaus when I reach them...it has been a very rough, difficult three years...I'm glad to have reached this good place.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Travelling to our area- news - 10/03/10 02:56 PM

Eagle Heart and her hubby will be arriving on Tuesday morning and we will meet in a few days after that and I will introduce her to Sassy too.