snow stuck

Posted by: Princess Lenora

snow stuck - 01/19/08 02:56 PM

Good morning! You know I live in the high prairie of CO. Last night we had the most beautiful snow. And it is very cold now, minus zero. I tried to let the dogs out the sliding glass door as usual this morning, and the door is frozen shut! I got the hairdryer and tried to melt the freeze. The dogs were sitting there in their snow suits (so cute) watching me, like, what's up with this? We want to go out! It did not work, and I hurt my back trying to loosen the door. I did let them out the front (not fenced) and they were very very good because they did not like how cold it was on their little inside paws. I snow, except ....for these minor inconveniences. Brrrr....
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: snow stuck - 01/19/08 03:29 PM

Well, I wish I could send you some of the fresh, hot oatmeal-raison-chocolate-chip cookies that are just coming out of the oven...that with a hot cup of tea and all snuggled up in a blanket in your rocking chair would warm your toes.

I'll have to make do with sending you warm thoughts on the southerly breezes - oh, wait, no such thing here either - we're getting the white stuff too! Well, we'll just have to commiserate (and shiver) together telepathically...munch, munch, mmmmmm...(ignore the crumbs on the keyboard)
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: snow stuck - 01/19/08 03:32 PM

Er, um, does anyone like burnt-bottom oatmeal cookies?? I think I'd better stay off the site until my cookies are all baked - I'm seriously mental-pausing here this morning!
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: snow stuck - 01/19/08 08:00 PM

Eagle, I'm glad you are baking! Can I borrow some butter? The roads are bad here. I cleaned my house. Now I am watching an ice skating exhibition. Perfect activities for being snow stuck.