Boggle Game - Does This Happen To Anyone Else?

Posted by: Eagle Heart

Boggle Game - Does This Happen To Anyone Else? - 08/26/08 10:32 PM

I play Boggle on my computer. It helps get my brain working. Lately I've noticed something strange that happens a lot and was wondering if 1) there are any other Boggle players here; and 2) if so, does it happen to you too?

When you play Boggle, the game cube shuffles all the letters, then opens the lid and you play by putting adjacent letters together to form as many words as possible before the timer stops. Well, as soon as the lid opens to reveal the letters, my brain registers some words as being there, often fairly long words. But I can't actually find them with my eyes, no matter how hard I try to follow the corresponding letters around the cube. So I find and play what words I can, then when the game's over, I read through the list of words that could have been found - and there they are, the words that my brain registered but my eyes couldn't find! It's so frustrating, because I've become fairly good at finding some of the longer tougher words, but my brain still "sees" these other words that I can't find on the cube...but ARE actually there!

Does this happen to anyone else?
Posted by: gims

Re: Boggle Game - Does This Happen To Anyone Else? - 08/26/08 10:43 PM

Sorry, I don't play Boggle online (love playing in person, though). I'm a Literati addict.
Posted by: keyholes

Re: Boggle Game - Does This Happen To Anyone Else? - 08/28/08 07:23 PM

I don't play online Boggle but sometimes I'll play an online scrabble game or text twist game. Sometimes (and I'm an excellent speller too) my brains "sees" words but jumps the gun on me lol...I'll be short ONE letter, usually the last e or some silent letter. It's weird!