Drugs

Posted by: Dianne

Drugs - 07/27/05 09:26 PM

My doctor just put me on a new drug for my cholesterol. I don't want to take it!!!!! [Mad] They have so many side affects and there's so much to watch out for but I've tried everything to get my levels down and nothing has worked and I sure don't want to have a stroke or heart attack. Do any of you take statins?
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Drugs - 07/27/05 11:12 PM

Dianne, what else did the tests reveal? Last I heard, the doc spent 45 minutes with you. You were having pains from the neck to the back of the head? You were using intuition to guide you because you just didn't feel right? What is the latest, besides hi cholesterol? Love and Light, Lynn

Re: Drugs - 07/27/05 11:27 PM

Just high LDL levels and high cholesterol. I think I might have been stressed without knowing it. Traveling a lot, company, etc. so that might have been what was causing the pressure.

I really don't want to take this med. I talked with the pharmacist for a long time and he helped me a lot. I just have to watch out and be aware of any changes in my body that might be something serious.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Drugs - 07/28/05 02:20 AM

The statin drugs are derivatives of the same structure as Nystatin which is a treatment for fungus infections. Side effects include kidney and liver damage, but that can be managed by close monitoring.

There are some theories about high cholesterol and a number of other conditions resulting from the proliferation of fungi as a result of the over-ingestion of antibiotics both in the form of drugs and in meat from animals who are fattened more quickly by being given antibiotics.

You can take pro-biotics to replace the healthy bacteria that balances the fungi and some diets at least in theory can actually starve the fungi.

Taking the drugs under medical supervision might be easier, but be sure to be monitored for side effects.

smile
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Drugs - 07/29/05 07:03 AM

Dianne, in many cases you can do all you want, but due to the hereditary factor, you may not see big changes. Do/did either your mom or dad suffer from this?

Re: Drugs - 07/29/05 07:04 AM

My dad does. He's on Lipitor. Mom is fine. I plan on making my doctor do blood work often so I can rest easier.
Posted by: leigha

Re: Drugs - 07/28/05 10:02 PM

Dianne there are different foods that lower cholesterol. I read a report some time ago that inflammation of the arteries was responsible for more heart attacks than cholesterol, however it is wise to balance the cholesterol levels.

There are so many studies out there refuting studies before them; it's hard to know what the truth is. You almost have to study the studies and find out whose funding the studies...in many cases studies are done in order to bring forth findings to promote new pharmaceutical remedies.

Olive oil, lots of vegetables and flax seed oil would help. But it's best if you check out a nutritionist or check out chinese nutrition which is based on thousands of years of study. 'Healing with Whole Foods' by Paul Pitchford is a fantastic book that explains the effects on the systems within. There are alot of great books out there.

With love
Leigha