Can you believe???

Posted by: KAY B

Can you believe??? - 10/31/05 11:47 PM

Can you believe I have nothing to whine about today?!!!!
It is absolutely gorgeous out!! It's about 65 or maybe more...a light breeze....sunny......it feels more like spring than fall!!!
The trick or treaters should start in about an hour......here's hoping they stop once the sun goes down! [Smile] I usually write my Christmas cards out on Halloween, but I have no clue where they ended up in the remodel mess!!!!
Happy Halloween!!! [Smile]
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/01/05 01:58 AM

What a wonderful post. Thanks for cheering ME up too. Happy Halloween to you and All!
chick
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/01/05 05:18 AM

Won't see any kids here because the community is all seniors and gated. Myself and 3 other ladies are taking candy laden baskets we made up to the nursing home, one of our gals went there this afternoon to make up their faces for their party and we are supplying the goodies and the games. Should be fun to see them having fun....
Posted by: mellodysmiles

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/01/05 05:33 AM

I think that is so terrific chatty lady. You go girl!

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/01/05 05:35 AM

We just turned the lights out...ran out of candy!
I wasn't expecting as many kids as we ended up getting!!! Thankfully I got an extra bag...but we still ran out! [Embarrassed] I am very proud that I didn't touch one last piece of candy!!!!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/01/05 05:44 AM

KayB, We had over 300 kids come to the door tonight. We had to finally turn out the light and close the door too! Hubby managed to save a few bags of mini Cheetos for himself, but we gave away over 300 bags of chips, Cheetos and mini chocolate bars! We normally get around 250 kids, but are always prepared for 300 just in case.
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/01/05 06:44 AM

I just love seeing those little faces at the door yelling treat or treat. Had the cutest little cow, a darling little Elmo.
We are having less and less every year.
Unlike you Kay...I had several pieces. [Roll Eyes]

Eagle...hope you feeling better soon.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/01/05 07:32 AM

Thanks Brenda! I'm much better this evening. Hubby bought me some Benylin (sp?) All-in-One the other day and it seems to be working really well at relieving the worst of the symptoms. I'm especially glad that the all-over aching is easing off.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/01/05 09:57 AM

It's 9pm and we've had only 3 groups of kids -- 7 kids total [Frown] My husband and I so enjoy seeing them, and wonder where they were this year [Confused] Sometimes we'll have teens come as late as 9:30 but it's been so quiet. Usually we have 25-30.

We bought 2 big bags of Reese's Peanut butter cups in early September and I'm so proud that I didn't open them till now. I just had one, which for me is pretty good. I also make jewelry for the kids, but those will be left over for next year.
Posted by: Junebug

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/01/05 02:32 PM

I went and got a flu shot for halloween at our drug store! LOL
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/01/05 06:50 PM

Meredith, you give away your jewelry. Please give me your address for next year. I'll be there! Ladies, ahve you seen Meredith's jewelry? I've purchased some for self and gifts. Will do so again this Christmas.

Our neighborhood association has a huge party for the kids. First they parade throught the retirement community in our neighborhood during supper time. Then they go to the church for pizza and a magic show. Then it's off to the houses. We no longer go to the party.

We have a little fmaily/friend pizza party here with people in and out all night.

My favorite costume was my great nephew's. He had a kissing booth strapped to his shoulders that lit up. It said,"kisses for candy." He looked precious. He's not even two so he didn't keep it on for very long!

I indulged!
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/03/05 08:41 AM

We moved from a lovely neighborhood with lots of kids, neighborhood party, friends over for the evening, to a quiet home on the lake in SC. I miss the fun of Halloween - there are only 4 houses down here in our cove so far so no one seems to know we're here...or else the effort of coming down here isn't worth the two homes that are occupied full time!

Everything has it's pros and cons!
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/02/05 09:50 PM

I used to love it when the kids came to the door. We always decorated the house. Many of the children who came were or had been students of mine. Some years I gave out as many hugs as candy. I do miss that part!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/03/05 11:50 AM

Haha Dotsie! You wouldn't want the stuff I give away. [Eek!] It's inexpensive beads, whatever is no longer selling and I'm tired of looking at it! Beats having it on sale for another millenium! [Razz]

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/04/05 08:51 AM

My favorite was a Superman! He stood with his nose touching the door & you couldn't open it! We always get one or two kids who flip with excitement that we gave them skittles! [Smile]
We weren't prepared this year!!! [Smile] Next year I will buy extra...because it won't go to waste in this house!!! [Smile]

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/03/05 09:57 PM

The happy times continue here. The sun is streaming through the trees, making the autumn leaves shimmer. Seems the fall we though we might not get is here after all. I spent half an hour this morning watching our cat chasing leaves all over the lawn behind our apartment, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Tomorrow we will go to my mother's and celebrate her 91st birthdy with her. I am so lucky to still have her in my life and enjoying reasonable health.

I haven't stopped smiling all day! [Big Grin]
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/03/05 10:01 PM

91!!! That's great, Jackie. Enjoy that celebration with all your heart. [Smile]
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/03/05 11:46 PM

What a uplifting post...thanks for sharing.
Wishing you many more days, just like today!

Re: Can you believe??? - 11/04/05 05:02 AM

Hey, what can I say? They're not all like this, but I love the ones that are. Remind me I said that the next time I start complaining.