It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!

Posted by: KAY B

It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/14/05 08:04 AM

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband just informed me he has no clean shirts for work. It is now 10:14pm.

Explain to me how I am to know this fact......!!!

I guess the same way I should know we have none of this or that left.......

At least he has clean underwear!!!!!!!! [Smile]

(and that big washing machine thing he has to pass 20x a day is in working order! [Smile] )
Posted by: ladybug

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/14/05 06:09 PM

Out of all the household chores ironing is the one I hate the most!!!!!!!!!

My husband always wore dressy shirts with his suits to work. People would notice the finely-pressed line down the arm and ask him if they were done professionally. Of course not, the "maid" did them. I am so glad he's retired and there are no more of those shirts to iron. I prefer to wear knits that don't need ironing.

Ugh, I get throbbing head pains just thinking about ironing. I do consider myself a domestic diva but this is one chore I can't stand.
Posted by: ladybug

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/14/05 06:11 PM

And to let you know this late in the evening that he's in need of one....?

You will read about his murder in the next day's press!
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/14/05 06:29 PM

Oh, the pleasures of being single.........

Daisygirl
Posted by: Danita

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/14/05 06:32 PM

My husband wears "big boy briefs"...he does his OWN laundry.

Actually, he does mine along with his.

:0)

Danita
Posted by: mrs_madness

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/14/05 07:13 PM

I know this rant well. Mine does the same thing exactly. 10:30 at night as he's going upstairs to bed he asks "do I have clean socks for tomorrow?" What am I--the sock fairy?? Does he think I keep a mental inventory of all the clean clothes and who's got what? Why does he wait till 10:30 to ask me this?

Never in 20 years have I said to him "Honey, is there clean underwear for me tomorrow?" Not once. Nor do I ask him what he's making for dinner and then park it in fron of the TV waiting for my supper, or ask him if he got those checks in the mail to pay the bills, or if he changed the cat box, or if the dishes in the dishwasher were clean or dirty......
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/14/05 07:44 PM

mrs_madness, how funny! I was laughing out loud at the "what am I -- the sock fairy?" WHAT A HOOT!

Your point(s) are right on the money!

I taught my boys to cook (believe it or not), clean, and more importantly, wash and iron. They did their own.

Every once in a while I would see my youngest struggling with trying to get out the door on time and I'd say, "would you like me to iron that shirt for you while you do bla..bla..bla.." I instantly became his hero.

JJ
Posted by: Sadie

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/15/05 08:16 AM

Well this diva sends here husbands shirts out to the laundry . I don't do shirts . My husband does help the laundry and he won't let me carry the laundry down the stairs. Great Guy! He does enjoy my cooking .

I love the sock fairy , Cute ! You are a wise gal J.J. to teach your boys to cook . Good for you.
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/15/05 08:26 AM

Retirement has cut down my ironing drastically. Like most of it is fabric for quilting. I never liked to iron, anyway. I'm sure my husband pulled the late night lack of clothes for tomorrow bit on me, but I've mercifully blocked it from my memory.

He didn't know where the wash machine was before he retired. Now he does a lot of it without being asked. Guess I should keep him, huh?

Then again, maybe not. He just called to ask me what he should bring to a pot luck tomorrow. But he also said he would go shopping with me and I could pick out something easy. How nice of him!
Posted by: Searcher

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/15/05 01:13 AM

I have not had a husband for 30 years. And i"m not complaining. Only whining because I have had to do it all.......whaaa, whaaa, whaaa. I am the queen of whine. But , hey , look at the bright side, I have no one to blame except for me, if the socks are not matched in the drawer.......
Posted by: KAY B

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/15/05 01:37 AM

This afternoon, when I went looking for all the dirty shirts my husband claimed he had....I found a perfectly clean one hanging in the closet!! [Embarrassed]
(and not one single dirty one in the hamper...all in a pile halfway in the closet....a pile I don't touch!!!)
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/15/05 06:55 AM

I use to make my ex so mad he would turn purple in the face when he started that stuff...I would look him square in the face and tell him to call me by my Indian name, Chief Nogiveashit...
Oh and like JJ both my sons cook great and are clean freaks, both do laundry and iron....my daughters in law have both thanked me many times....

[ December 14, 2005, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]
Posted by: Louisa

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/15/05 08:42 AM

My husband does laundry, but doesn't iron. However, his shirts go to the cleaners with his suits.

My first husband was another story. He used the iron once in 19 years of marriage. It was at the end of it when I was good and mad and took a stand. He needed a shirt ironed and I told him to do it himself. It was so funny watching a man who could build an entire house from the foundation up, fix a car, and use any power tool imaginable try to figure out one little iron. [Big Grin]
It was hard to keep a straight face when he asked me where the water went. I just said, "It only has one hole, figure it out." He burned his finger. [Roll Eyes]
Louisa
Posted by: Sadie

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/15/05 08:53 AM

Lousia,
That is a funny story .
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?! - 12/15/05 09:43 AM

Louisa, too funny! [Big Grin]

My husband is in charge of his own laundry. When he had a job-job, he ironed his own shirts. Now he doesn't iron anything, but he puts his clean shirts on hangers at the laundromat.

About once a year, he asks me to iron something or patch or sew. I tell him I don't sew my own stuff; why should I do his?? I recall -- 3 years ago? -- ironing or patching something-or-other, in trade for him doing some chore for me.

Ms. Domesticity I ain't.