Christmas Gift thank you cards

Posted by: ladybug

Christmas Gift thank you cards - 12/29/05 02:32 AM

Now that Christmas has come and gone it's time to get out the thank you cards.

The kids wrote their first two today and I did one of my own last week when I received my first gift.

Since people or their children rarely or never send me a thank you card how do you feel about this in regards to it happening to you?

My kids are seeing poor examples from those who do not send me a thank you card. They wonder why they have to do it when others don't send us one.

I like receiving a personal thank you card because it shows thoughtfulness and courtesy.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Christmas Gift thank you cards - 12/29/05 03:26 AM

If we are all together exchanging gifts I rarely send thank you cards because we say thank you at the time we exchange gifts. But if someone buys me or sends me something especially someone I don't see I always send a thank you. Its the least a person can do. I also like receiving a thank you and have been lucky in that circumstance.
Posted by: ladybug

Re: Christmas Gift thank you cards - 12/29/05 07:23 AM

My son and daughter did see the people who gave them their gifts in person but my hubby and I always insist they write a thank you card out anyway.

I always do myself because I know most folks like getting a special thank you card in the mail.