Whtie Tea

Posted by: Di

Whtie Tea - 01/13/09 01:44 AM

Has anyone tried Uncle Lee's White Tea? I'm SO hooked on this tea! A friend introduced me....there is no bitter taste, like some teas. It has less caffeine than coffee! (I don't drink coffee but the box label indicated it). Lots of anti-oxidants.

I bought mine at Walmart (less expensive than on their site)

http://www.unclelee.com/index.php
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Whtie Tea - 01/13/09 02:58 AM

I haven't tried that specific brand, but bought some white tea at a Chinese tea shop in Montreal last summer. It's exquisite, very smooth, no bitterness (I can drink it without any sweetener)...it's one of the most expensive teas I've ever bought, so I can't drink it everyday, but oh, when I do, I savour it. It's by far the most exquisite tea I've ever tried.
Posted by: Di

Re: Whtie Tea - 01/13/09 04:15 PM

I use the bags twice! The second one I steep longer. So, it's like 1/2 price!! LOL!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Whtie Tea - 01/13/09 04:43 PM

I haven't had white tea, but will look for it the next tiem I'm at Wal-Mart. I hit that place once every other week, at least.
I use it for the basics that are much more expensive at Super Fresh.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Whtie Tea - 01/14/09 12:52 AM

Are you referring to the organic white tea for Uncle Ben's? It sounds like something I would like. I'll have to try that. I wonder if you can get it at Walgreens. They have become my Wal-mart because they're easier to get in and out of.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Whtie Tea - 01/14/09 08:05 AM

At home right now I have
Snapple -- 100% white tea, with strawberry
Bigelow -- white tea with tangerine

Both very good!