Funny Boomer Perspective

Posted by: kimandcats

Funny Boomer Perspective - 09/07/11 07:27 PM

The British side of things!

http://www.boomerwoman.co.uk
Posted by: jabber

Re: Funny Boomer Perspective - 09/09/11 02:29 PM

Loved this link kimandcats! I've a friend living here who is from England. She's a great gal with an upbeat personality.
And I've another friend who went to be with The Lord about a year ago; she said for the last few decades of her life, "Old age ain't for sissies!" Should've taken a closer look at her meaning, much quicker than I did. I figured she just meant the aging process is a difficult thing. She looked and acted twenty years younger than her actual years, until last 6 or so.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Funny Boomer Perspective - 09/22/11 12:17 AM

Well I've heard old age called OUR GOLDEN YEARS! I beg to differ, haven't seen any gold around me yet just alot of sickening green...ICK!

Re: Funny Boomer Perspective - 09/27/11 10:02 PM

I finally saw the movie Brnjamin Button last night. What a concept growing younger instesad of older as time goes by. Wonder how anyone ever thought of such a thing?

Re: Funny Boomer Perspective - 10/15/11 12:01 AM

Whats your opinion of this movie?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Funny Boomer Perspective - 10/15/11 01:19 AM

Chatty, I have never seen the movie, but as for how anyone came up with the concept, I believe it is based on an F. Scott Fitzgerald story.

Here's an old review from The Daily Beast.

They seemed to like it. Did you?
Posted by: jabber

Re: Funny Boomer Perspective - 10/15/11 01:47 PM

You really have to wonder where some of these movie makers get their ideas. I do like the idea of growing younger instead of
older, however. But who wouldn't? lol...