Screen Jumps Too Much

Posted by: Eagle Heart

Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/20/09 01:23 PM

Dotsie, has anyone mentioned how the screen jumps when writing a new post? It starts after about 3-4 paragraphs. It's very frustrating...it actually makes me motion-sick! LOL.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/20/09 10:42 PM

Is it maybe your computer eagle, I haven't experienced this yet.

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/20/09 10:48 PM

I've noticed the problem on my computer, my laptop and my stepdaughter's computer last weekend. It doesn't start jumping until after the screen is full of text...maybe it's a signal that I'm talking too much? smile
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/20/09 11:43 PM

It sure sounds like the problem is on your end which doesn't make it any easier to accept. Maybe something is haywire with your hard drive?

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/21/09 12:18 AM

But it happens on three completely different computers, the third one being in a different city/province, so it can't just be my computer or network. I think I remember Gims mentioning a similar experience awhile back.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/21/09 01:24 AM

Eagle, I wish I could help, but it's never happened to me.

How about anyone else?
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/21/09 01:49 AM

I haven't noticed anything like that. Maybe it's the transatlantic cable?? Just kidding, but this is certainly strange.

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/21/09 02:14 AM

I was just thinking I should have been more accurate...it's not the whole screen that jumps, it's the text inside of the reply/post box...when I type beyond the bottom of the box, all the text in the box jumps around.

So I just tested...typed about 25 lines, and the text never jumped. Which makes me think it might only be happening in the edit box. I'll try to edit another post, just to see what line it starts jumping at.

Addendum: now I'm in the edit box, typing nothing important, trying to see when the text starts jumping.

now its'jumping...so it's in the edit box that I experience the jumping, starting at whatever line I'm typing right now.
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/21/09 07:10 AM

Yes, I'm glad you brought this up Eagle. The same thing happens to me when I post. When the post is a bit longer, I can't see what I'm writing.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/21/09 05:50 PM

Now I'm wondering if it has anything to do with you gals being out of the US...I've never heard of this problem before...at least, let me say that no one has ever brought it to our attention before. Strange...I really don't know what to make of it.

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 09/21/09 05:51 PM

Ha, I never edit anything. I know you can tell by my posts. Sorry about that.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do to fix it. It must be a little issue with the software.

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 01/03/10 11:03 PM

I'm bringing this back up because it's still a problem for me. But someone (was it Gims?) mentioned a solution in another thread a few months ago, but I can't remember the solution, or which thread it was in. Does anyone else remember what was said to avoid the jumping screen while editing?

Re: Screen Jumps Too Much - 01/04/10 02:53 PM

Sorry, but I don't. Hopefully she'll see this and post again.