Poor Pitiful Pearl

Posted by: mrsmuzz

Poor Pitiful Pearl - 01/22/04 04:54 AM

I keep thinking there was a doll called "Poor Pitiful Pearl" when I was little. Has anyone ever heard of this? Or maybe I am hallucinating? I think she was dressed in a gingham type dress, she had two braids in her hair and there was a tear rolling down one of her cheeks. I keep remembering that phrase "poor pitiful pearl" used to refer to me when I was pouting. But I thought she was actually a doll I had, too. Has anyone ever heard of her?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Poor Pitiful Pearl - 01/22/04 05:37 AM

yes sir ree bob tail there certainly was a doll called Poor Pitiful Pearl. I had one!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Poor Pitiful Pearl - 01/22/04 07:41 PM

Never heard of Pearl, but what about Chatty Cathy? The doll that came with little tiny records that you placed in her side. I got one of them when I was 4 or 5 for Christmas. Favorite present that year. The only one I remember too! [Big Grin]
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Poor Pitiful Pearl - 01/31/04 06:34 PM

How great that others remember "Poor Pitiful Pearl". I wanted one SOOOOO badly and my parents thought that I was too old to have a doll (I think I was about 10 or 11) so my big sister got her for me one Christmas. Oh how I loved my Pearl! I remember her little dress had some sewn on patches too.

Dotsie I remember Chatty Cathy too - I can almost hear her voice saying "Hello, I'm Chatty Cathy!"......I didn't have one of those but had friends who did.

Great memories!!
[Big Grin] Pam