"Special"

Posted by: summersRain

"Special" - 06/09/08 11:13 PM

Here's a short video of our special ed kitty.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cL9h4RZlb-Y
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: "Special" - 06/09/08 11:27 PM

Oh my gracious. You aren't kidding. I thought it was precious when the other cat went over, started, then walked away!
Posted by: jabber

Re: "Special" - 06/14/08 02:17 PM

That was cute! So U have a cat-in-the-box as opposed to a
jack-in-the-box! 3 x and U R out, kittie; or, did "special ed" just want to make sure all the kleenex were gone?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: "Special" - 06/14/08 06:14 PM

That was so cute, its amazing to me how long a cat will play with a box or a paper bag. I could hear someone laughing in the background. I love the white boot like legs on that blacker cat.
Posted by: Lola

Re: "Special" - 06/14/08 06:37 PM

Your cats are gorgeous! The "smarter" one has lovely socks and the curious, funny one looked like one of the cats in a commercial here.
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: "Special" - 06/14/08 07:41 PM

cats have amazing unique personalities.
Posted by: Dee

Re: "Special" - 06/22/08 04:24 AM

Summersrain...I laughed until my stomach hurt watching your cats...the box headed one is a laugh riot and must provide you with hours of entertainment...how you managed to keep so quiet while filming I'll never know...my goodness, how absolutely adorable!!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: "Special" - 06/22/08 01:50 PM

Didn't you love this video? I watched it several times. There is nothing more lovable and laughable than watching animals happy and playing! They live in the moment, don't they?

We could learn from them...yes?
Posted by: Anno

Re: "Special" - 06/22/08 02:34 PM

I just caught this today. How adorable.

Yes, we could learn alot from animals. Simplicity.

Re: "Special" - 06/22/08 08:14 PM

My poor Molly is at the back door shaking like a leaf...we're having a thunderstorm and she's absolutely terrified of them...when we got her and I realized how afraid of thunder she is I brought her in...then we were away during a storm and came back to one of the doors half eaten by her trying to get into the house. So, I've had to stop allowing her in during storms and fuss at her when she wants in...it's the only way we can discourage her from chewing the doors...poor darlin', it will be thundering and she'll put her paws up on the living room windows peering in at us with this scared look on her face..."LET ME THE (BLANK) IN!!!). But, we know if we do the next time we're away during a storm the doors will be gone when we come back. I feel so badly for her.

Re: "Special" - 06/22/08 09:51 PM

Rub her down with a dryer sheet. It should help calm her.

Re: "Special" - 06/22/08 10:35 PM

Dee, here is a page of something called Canine Lullabies. It was developed by this guy who graduated from my high school. Pretty cool! Watch the video if you get the chance.

http://www.caninelullabies.com/?q=movie

Re: "Special" - 06/23/08 10:42 PM

Thats a pitiful a shame. Couldn't you have Larry or someone build her some sort of shelter from the storms. This fear is not to be taken lightly, she could die from the fright or she could just bolt (run and run) and never be seen again. An animals fear is usually for a good reason and needs to be addressed A.S.A.P. Remember they feel things
much deeper than we do, they just can't made themslves heard... Her gnawing the door is a CRY for help!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: "Special" - 06/24/08 08:32 AM

We bought a little hutch type home for the stray I am feeding and although she avoids it its there if she is caught in the wind and wet.We have an out building she shows interest in.as of now she wont go in.
She triend to paw the hutch..like it was seen but she was thinking
" No Not on your nelly..I am a stray."
It has a walkway and its nicely made.windproof and I have a cushion inside.
The kitty continues to stay around.she is loving the summer..loves my daughter and she allows her to pet her.Her coat is silky now and this preference for my daughter is a family joke.She waits for her car..If we are both there kitty jumps from me..yet I see to her every need.She will enter my porch and kitchen threshhold when I entice her with chicken..I suspect her right eye is poor..so no wonder she is wary.I just love her presence.After having house cats of great worth and love this little cheeky stray has taught me lots.That its on her terms..and that she has this right.Considering her initial visits were at a distance she is now much more friendly.She is plumper and clean..she loves my flower beds and shrubs..lays in all the sun traps.
I appreciate that she came here.

Mountain ash

Re: "Special" - 06/26/08 01:41 AM

For some reason I thought I'd answered this...but, I guess it didn't take.
JJ...what does a dryer sheet do? The web site on the lullaby's was adorable...I don't think it would phase Molly when she's outside freaking out.
chatty...Larry and I bought Molly a large dog house that we keep on the carport near the backdoor...it stays dry and is out of the elements. She jsut doens't like being anywhere except near me when it's storming. The day we found her hiding in our shed it was storming...she's just one of those dogs that is scared of thunder. We know before a storm hits because she'll start drooling, shaking and pacing. We really don't have any other recourse but to make her stay outside...I keep an eye one her and go outside and pet her and talk to her and reassure her she's okay.

MA...does your stray have a name? It's so sweet how it's slowly trusting you and coming in...that says a lot about you. I love cats and miss having them...you're an angel for caring for this little cat who loves your flower beds and sun traps...send us a pic.

Re: "Special" - 06/26/08 01:35 PM

Dee,
I had read somewhere that rubbing them down good with a dryer sheet had something to do with the lightening and that is was the way it made their skin "crawl" so to speak. Rubbing them down with a dryer sheet prevented this action.

I know it has helped with Trixie. That's all I can tell ya. I don't know where I read it. Sorry!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: "Special" - 06/26/08 01:36 PM

JJ, I just listened to utube, and I immediately stopped chewing my slipper. Seriously, it is amazing! I would try it Dee.

Re: "Special" - 06/26/08 02:19 PM

What's a slipper? You Cinderella? Ohhhh...you mean houseshoe! Gotcha...teehee.

Re: "Special" - 06/26/08 08:44 PM

JJ the dryer sheet definitely works, has something to do with the static electricity in the air due to the storm near by.

Dee you might ask your vet for a "calmer down" for Molly that you can give her before a storm. Kind of like a tranquilizer but not nearly as strong... I have to give Reeta one before she goes in the car, or she becomes combative and bites anything or anyone...
Posted by: chickadee

Re: "Special" - 06/26/08 10:11 PM

http://www.homeopet.com/
try this Dee.

Re: "Special" - 06/27/08 01:56 AM

Chick...thanks for the web site.

Chatty...I'll have to check with my vet to see if they have something like you say...I have some from when she had to remain calm when her heartworms were being treated...but, it knocked her out cold...so perhaps something not as strong...chickadee...do you know if this product works?

Re: "Special" - 07/03/08 03:03 AM

4th of July is another terrifying time for Molly...fireworks...it's awful!!!