What should I do?

Posted by: AvalonBlondi

What should I do? - 01/23/10 06:01 AM

In the past 10 months I have lost my 2 cocker spaniels..Trevor went to heaven in April at the age of 15 1/2...and my angel boy Zeke died last Friday at the age of 13...These little cocker boys gave me so much love and I am lost without them....my house feels empty without these little guys...I want to go out and adopt 2 new little pooches but my husband wants to wait..what should I do????
Posted by: Lola

Re: What should I do? - 01/23/10 08:44 AM

Did your husband give any reason as to the waiting period, Nancy?

Re: What should I do? - 01/25/10 07:56 AM

Well Lola, the reason he wants to wait was because he thinks we are getting "too old for chasing a puppy" I think he is full of baloney...and I'm not getting any younger...now is the time!!!I've been on PuppyFind all weekend searching for a new little Cocker baby to love....wish me luck!!!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: What should I do? - 01/25/10 11:56 AM

Good luck, and get a pup as soon as you possibly can. Sloppy kisses, and puppy breath will bring hubby around I bet.

Re: What should I do? - 01/25/10 03:40 PM

But, of course, Nancy. Lots of luck and let us know when the pup has come home!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: What should I do? - 01/26/10 02:07 PM

How about one to start. See how that goes before getting another.

Sorry about your losses. Our cockapoo is getting up there and I can't imagine life without her.
Posted by: jabber

Re: What should I do? - 01/26/10 02:52 PM

Cockers have the cutest faces in the world. I love them!

Re: What should I do? - 01/27/10 12:27 AM

Thanks for the good wishes Girls...I found a puppy over the weekend..he was born the same day my beloved black cocker, Zeke passed!!!!..so I won't be able to bring him home until St. Patty's day in Mid March...he is a chocolate brown Cocker spaniel...so cute..I wish I were a little more tech savvy so I could post the picture the breeder sent me...now I am trying to decide on a name..a happy problem to deal with for a change...:)
Posted by: Dee

Re: What should I do? - 01/27/10 12:54 AM

I'm so glad you're getting another puppy...have you given your new puppy-to-be a name yet?
I'm sorry for your loss...heartbreaking, I know.

Re: What should I do? - 01/27/10 07:14 AM

Thanks so much Dee...I'm excited and nervous at the same time..I have been living for so long with "senior" dogs..I hope I can keep up with a puppy....still thinking on the name..my children have all sent suggestions...and I have a few favs..but I want to wait until I see the little guy with his eyes open before I decide...

Re: What should I do? - 01/27/10 01:19 PM

Chocolate brown Cockers are precious. One good thing about getting a puppy at midlife is that you're already awake during the night!

Re: What should I do? - 01/27/10 02:38 PM

Avalon,
I like your signature. How true!

Re: What should I do? - 01/28/10 01:37 AM

An appropriate name AvalonBlondie, for a chocolate brown cocker might be Cocoa... Like in hot chocolate.

Re: What should I do? - 01/28/10 08:16 AM

So true about being up in the middle of the night Dotsie..it's 3am where I am right now..:) I just added Cocoa to the list Chatty, thank you...once I see him with his eyes open I'm going to make a decision..I like "Macree" which is Irish for "my heart"...my husband thinks its too "sissy" for a boy cocker...I also like "Murphy" which means "hound of the sea" and this will definitely be a beach dog...His Father's name is "Hershey" so the whole chocolate theme seems appropriate...too many choices...and I'm really getting bad at making decisions in my old age...:)

Thanks Jabber , I really like your signature line too!!!

Re: What should I do? - 01/28/10 02:17 PM

How about Mocha?

Re: What should I do? - 01/28/10 05:12 PM

Love it!!! Adding it to my list...:) Thank you!!!!!

Re: What should I do? - 01/29/10 01:47 AM

Blondie, when all else fails me when trying to name one of my many rescues, I write then on paper and throw the names in a bowl, then just pick one.

Re: What should I do? - 01/29/10 03:18 AM

Sounds like a good plan Chatty...I can't pick him up until March 17th...so if I remain uninspired I will definitely use your tried and tested method..:) Thanks!!!
Posted by: KarenBagoroses

Re: What should I do? - 01/31/10 02:41 AM

Mocha Chocolate Latte??? smile

We're thinking of puppy #3's name....I know we're getting her despite knowing better!!! Our current girls are Shandi and Cookie...

Just remember, the nicknames will soon follow!!! smile

Re: What should I do? - 02/01/10 02:19 PM

Mocha Chocolate Latte? You must be a coffee drinker!

Re: What should I do? - 02/01/10 05:56 PM

Mocha Chocolate Latte??? That sounds like: "mocha chocolata ya ya" which is enough to make me break out into a Patti Labelle song:

"Mocha Chocalata ya ya
Creole Lady Marmalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade...

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir
Voulez vous coucher avec moi"

Re: What should I do? - 02/01/10 09:30 PM

I know someone who named her dog, Sydney Scarlet Rose; and when referring to puppy, she uses all three names. Gotta be
proper, ya know!

Re: What should I do? - 02/02/10 05:09 AM

My daughter's friend named her dog "Deeogee"...it was a few weeks later when I was sending her a new puppy gift and I asked my daugther how it was spelled and she said" D-O-G..that's his name Mom...DUH!!! did I ever feel dopey!!!! smile

Re: What should I do? - 02/02/10 02:23 PM

Blondi,
That's funny. You've gotta love it! LOL...

Re: What should I do? - 02/02/10 07:59 PM

Blondi, very funny. I didn't get it when I read it, so we're even.

Re: What should I do? - 02/02/10 11:38 PM

Blondie, If you are still having problems with the mister maybe not being so happy to get the new puppy, ask him for his help naming the dog. Show him some names and see what he comes up with...He'd have to love a dog that he named, right????

Re: What should I do? - 02/03/10 07:31 AM

Good advice as usual Chatty..:) You're such a doll!!!

I'm slightly resentful at letting my hubby name the puppy though..because when I had my kids I had C-sections...I was given General Anesthesia for the first 2 and my husband already had the names (that he chose) slapped on the baby's isolet before I even knew what sex they were...it still ticks me off when I think about it!!! smile

But..I'll ask him to throw a couple of names into the hat...so he feels included...LOL

Re: What should I do? - 02/03/10 01:59 PM

MEN!!!! Will they never learn?

Re: What should I do? - 02/03/10 08:52 PM

Don't think men can learn, because they think they're right
all the time. WB would never admit he made a mistake. Even if
he's caught in an error, it's always somebody else's fault.
The man's perfect, ya know! LOL...It's a guy thing!

Re: What should I do? - 02/03/10 08:53 PM

Lola,
Speak a de english, der girl!

Re: What should I do? - 02/03/10 09:28 PM

LOL, Jabber! It means "would you sleep with me tonight"...and, don't know why Patti Labelle had that phrase in her song.

Re: What should I do? - 02/04/10 02:22 PM

Okay, fine! Cute! That Patti Labelle is a trip, don't ya think!

Re: What should I do? - 02/05/10 02:35 PM

"Would you sleep with me tonight?" Xena's the first one in bed!
Posted by: jenifer

Re: What should I do? - 02/06/10 04:50 PM

Let me give my condolence to your pets, let them Rest In Peace.

BabiesRUs promotional code

Re: What should I do? - 02/07/10 03:04 AM

Hi there Jenifer, I don't think I said WELCOME to you hon. So glad you're here and posting.

Re: What should I do? - 02/07/10 10:38 PM

Welcome Jenifer: Have a granddaughter and a caregiver in the
nursing with your name. Love that name!