bald eagle webcam

Posted by: orchid

bald eagle webcam - 05/06/10 08:59 PM

http://www.hornbyeagles.com/webcam.htm

Hornby Island is one of the Gulf Islands off the coast Vancouver Island. Webcam is pointed at the nest...there is a baby. This is getting alot of hits.

I kept forgetting to post for BWS. After sending it to cycling women's group, several sent to some teachers..where the children in class, are viewing at times.

Not really a "pet". Just animal friend far up on a cliff. smile
Posted by: Anno

Re: bald eagle webcam - 05/06/10 09:44 PM

We have webcams in Minnesota of bald eagles and loons. Yesterday I was able to watch a loon lay an egg. So cool.
Posted by: orchid

Re: bald eagle webcam - 05/07/10 01:57 AM

We're 3 hrs. ahead of your area..so one can take a peek longer before the sun sets here.

Right now the eagle mom is preparing baby to go to bed.

In Ontario, I never saw bald eagles. But maybe I didn't hang out in certain areas. I lived in southern Ontario for 41 yrs.

here they are an integral part of the environment and cultural iconography..aboriginal tribes in our region integrate the bird in their symbols etc. for centuries. It is not totally unusual to see bald eagles flying with salmon in beak, flying along the ocean coastline or soaring by a mountainview. There are several mass flock of bald eagle sighting areas where they feed at different times of the year. About 80-100 kms. away from us.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: bald eagle webcam - 05/07/10 09:03 AM

We all watch a panda baby for weeks.