150-200 wild dolphins sighting

Posted by: orchid

150-200 wild dolphins sighting - 05/08/10 09:42 PM

Rare sighting of 150-200 Pacific white-sided wild dolphins at West Vancouver. Turn on your speakers.

There's a very brief videoclip if you don't want to read the little posting. It really is magical. Yes, I've seen these up close in the wild. smile YOu can see how they appear friendly, very different feeling than seeing a whale. With whale, one just wonders if the boat might accidentally tip with the behomoths underwater.

This area actually is right by a municipality which is only local transit bus ride from home.

Enjoy!

Re: 150-200 wild dolphins sighting - 05/10/10 03:20 AM

As noted, I haven't visited the Vancouver Aquarium where they do have dolphins and a beluga whale, etc. It's a 25 min. bike ride or less from home and I've been in Vancouver for nearly 8 yrs.

The mountains and ocean shown in the short clip (Done quite professionally. I didn't do it.) do give a general feel of what it is like along our coast, as one travels north of Vancouver by boat.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: 150-200 wild dolphins sighting - 05/10/10 07:20 AM

Orchid, that's funny that you haven't visited the aquarium. It's usually that way. We have seen most of the sights around us through showing our house guests. Hubby and I went to the Vancouver aquarium. We were impressed.
Posted by: jabber

Re: 150-200 wild dolphins sighting - 05/11/10 12:04 AM

Dolphins have such fun. I love to watch them jump and roll; and
they always look like they're smiling!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: 150-200 wild dolphins sighting - 05/11/10 01:24 AM

WOW! Vancouver looks like such a beautiful place to live. I love the mountains and ocean pictured. YOu sound like me orchid, live in Vegas where there are new shows all the time but dso I go to them, NO, not unless I have guests that want to go. Did the same thing in CHicago with the museums, the zoo, aquarium and all the other wonderful sights to see. Wonder why we do that?

Re: 150-200 wild dolphins sighting - 05/11/10 01:18 PM

Yes, those dolphins in the video are enchanting. It's just incredible. The original videographer was extremely fortunately to have seen so many of them. The dolphins live are naturally playfully. It is an amazing experience to see them live in the wild, not in any aquarium or any show. One sees their natural behaviours.

Well, re sights in our own city..I still haven't seen certain things. Other things I have. We also have visited some of the Gulf Islands off the coast of Vancouver by Vancouver Island. There is a great deal to explore within 100 kms. radius in our region since there is preserved and rocky parkland going into the mountains.
Posted by: jabber

Re: 150-200 wild dolphins sighting - 05/11/10 11:52 PM

The only time I go to the sights around here, is when I have
out of town company or groovy wants me to go. I see more
stuff like zoos and aquariums when WB and I travel here and there. I like boating but he doesn't. So no cruises R in
the future.

Re: 150-200 wild dolphins sighting - 05/12/10 10:36 PM

All of the boomers that can should get together, like when they came here to Vegas, and we should take a cruise. What a blast that would be!

Re: 150-200 wild dolphins sighting - 05/13/10 03:17 AM

Quote:
YOu sound like me orchid, live in Vegas where there are new shows all the time but do I go to them, NO, not unless I have guests that want to go. ... Wonder why we do that?

Because we know those sights are always there. Actually I am just starting to read the things going on near us. It's an incredible amount. On mother's day, the botanical garden had a huge spring festival. I took my mother there, and guess what...I drove around 45 minutes and couldn't find a parking space. So we went out to a Chinese restaurant, drove home, and enjoyed the rest of the day on our terrace. My son came with his family, and my mother truly enjoyed her great grandchildren. They plant kisses on her face and give her big smiles. Yes, she melts.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: 150-200 wild dolphins sighting - 05/13/10 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: chatty lady
YOu sound like me orchid, live in Vegas where there are new shows all the time but dso I go to them, NO, not unless I have guests that want to go.

Chatty, I think we should go see the Chippendales together...

When the Eagle has landed - 05/13/10 10:20 PM

That would be a hoot Eagle and something we can surely do when you get here in October. Will Andre come along with us or go see a girly review??? Lots to do, great weather in October to do it in. I can hardly wait to see you guys...

Re: When the Eagle has landed - 05/13/10 11:13 PM

I mentioned the Chips to him and he's interested in going with us if/when we go. We're excited too...and we're both more excited about meeting you than anything else we might see there!

Re: When the Eagle has landed - 05/13/10 11:29 PM

Oh my goodness I am not one of the Vegas highlights but always happy to know someone else thinks so. I know when the boomer gals came here it was just fantastic to finally meet them and will be to meet you after. After all we have been heart & soul friends for years now. So I too am looking forward to it.
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: When the Eagle has landed - 05/14/10 05:58 AM

How exciting Chatty and Eagle that you are finally going to meet face to face...you girls are so lucky!!!!

Re: When the Eagle has landed - 05/14/10 11:22 AM

Chatty, they need to build a statue after you. I can just picture it, a spewing fountain, with lots of animals at your feet looking adoringly up at you. I see you with a frying pan in one hand, and typing on a key board with the other.

Of course it should be planted at the entrance of Las Vegas, where every passing driver has to throw a dollar in the frying pan, or he gets whacked on the head.

Gee, wish I could build it.

Re: When the Eagle has landed - 05/14/10 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Edelweiss2
Of course it should be planted at the entrance of Las Vegas, where every passing driver has to throw a dollar in the frying pan, or he gets whacked on the head.

Gee, wish I could build it.

Hahaha thump - that's me laughing my head off.

Re: When the Eagle has landed - 05/15/10 12:47 AM

Now thats a remarkable idea Edelweiss. Love the statue idea and especially the dollar throwing part, he, he!!!

Hang onto that head Eagle I need to plant a big fat welcoming kiss on one cheek or the other.

Re: When the Eagle has landed - 05/15/10 02:08 AM

We can take all those dollars to the Chippendale show...might come in handy, eh?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: When the Eagle has landed - 05/15/10 02:44 AM

Saint Charleene!

Re: When the Eagle has landed - 05/15/10 10:34 AM

Nothing Saint like about me MustangGal unless its the shine from my halo or the rustle of my big white wings...other than that I am just a regular woman!!! Hey want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn real cheap???