Happy News

Posted by: chatty lady

Happy News - 05/16/10 11:04 PM

I went to The Animal Foundation last week with Lois where I volunteer and was in the area they call The Nursery and saw a teeny, tiny little fuzz ball, and when inquiring was told she is a ten week old, long haired Chihuahua that had been one of several confiscated in an "abuse case." Can you imagine that???

Anyway she was afraid of everyone and screamed when touched or held. The vet gave her a clean bill of health but said she needed socializing and to know she is not going to be hurt again. Went back the next day and stayed there for three hours. I sang softly to her, put my hand near her so she could smell me and finally she allowed me to stroke her softly but still was shivering. To make a long story short, I'm adopting her but don't know for sure when they will release her to me. They are so careful where they place an animal especially one having been abused in her infancy. She is adorable and as soon as I can have her for sure, I will ask someone (yes Angelika, it will be you) to post her pictures for everyone to see. I haven't chosen a name yet but am leaning towards SASSY but it depends on how she acts when I use that name...Thats what I want for her is to feel so secure with me and her new home she is sassy about it...

I feel just like an expectant mother!!!!!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Possible Happy News - 05/16/10 11:16 PM

Wow, Chatty, congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures. Are they going to let you spend time with her until she comes home? I sure hope so. It will help her acclimate to being loved instead of hurt. I admire you for getting a puppy. I'm not sure I want to go through the housebreaking again. The last 3 dogs we've adopted were older so were already house trained.

Re: Possible Happy News - 05/16/10 11:36 PM

Thanks Yonuh and the only reason I saw her in the first place is because I work there as a volunteer and one of my friends there took me to show her to me. She knew I was possibly wanting another dog. They all knew Rosee and Reeta real well. Ususlly no one but the veternary staff see the dogs in The Nursery until they are put on the website for Dogs Up for Adoption. I got lucky!!! I can go in and see her once a day if I want to. I am just hoping she is released soon. I left a shirt of mine there so she can cuddle with it and learn my scent.
The vet I spoke to today said hers was the only kennel smelling like Estee Lauders Beautiful...

House breaking a new puppy for me is a cinch. I have all tile flooring throughout the home and right near the patio door I put down those nice 5 layer piddle pads, and for small dogs especially they work like magic, no smell, little fuss or bother. When I can, I do take them outside but it's not necessary with these amazing pads, plus they are safer for a little one until they've had all their vaccinations... I love puppy breath!

Re: Possible Happy News - 05/16/10 11:50 PM

Leaving the shirt was a great idea! I got Spud because he wasn't up for adoption yet, too. He was in the Special Care Unit because of kennel cough. So working or volunteering at animal shelters does have its perks! And puppy breath is the best! Except maybe for baby breath. smile

Happy News - 05/17/10 02:21 PM

She will be evaluated this week and could possible be released to me if all seems fine. I am so excited, trying not to be but its difficult. I think I need her as bad as she needs someone to love her and show her not all people are abusers... I can't even imagine how anyone could abuse a tiny pup, still not sure what was done but it had to be serious for the Animal Foundation to confiscate all the dogs they owned.
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Happy News - 05/17/10 03:55 PM

Chatty I am sooooooo happy to read your GREAT news!!!! Puppies are the best medicine in the world..no matter what ails us..:)

My puppy Bailey is now 17 weeks old..he is the love of my life..I can't believe at this point that I almost didn't adopt him..he gives me so much love..he awakens me every morning with little licks to my eyes and nose...it is the best feeling ever!!!

I am so excited for you Charleen...my heart is singing this morning just knowing how happy you are going to be...Congratulations my good freind!!!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Happy News - 05/17/10 04:20 PM

Fingers crossed for you Chatty. There isn't a greater reward, except maybe my grandbeauties. I know you'll let us know. Can't wait to hear!

Re: Happy News - 05/17/10 06:43 PM

Thanks guys and yes you'll be the first people I come to with the hopefully good news...as usual.
Posted by: humlan

Re: Happy News - 05/17/10 08:33 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...how nice..how wonderful for you, Chatty!

So many hugs! grin
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Happy News - 05/17/10 09:29 PM

Email that photo whenever you can Chatty! Can't wait to see the little heartbreaker! I'm, soooooooooo happy for you!

Re: Happy News - 05/18/10 02:27 AM

No word yet as of today but I must practice patience as she isn't the only little one needing special care and attention at the Animal Foundation. The woman said to be patient so I must learn to be, but boy it's difficult. I want what I want when I want it...Bad Chatty!!! I am being a good ole girl I promise. But yee gads its hard.

Re: Happy News - 05/18/10 01:25 PM

Chats, my boys tell me I have tons of patience because I've never used any....everybody is a comedian. Hang in there, gal.

Re: Happy News - 05/18/10 09:45 PM

JJ..haaa..sounds like me..always getting kidded about my patience..

Guess we canīt be perfect all the time smile smile smile

and I love reading Buddha..

Re: Happy News - 05/19/10 09:56 PM

Any one that knows me well knows also I am not a patient person. Oh I try hard but fail miserably most of the time. I am also a perfectionist and the pressure put upon me when editing or ghostwriting is terrible and I AM THE GUILTY PARTY!!! Not my clients, its me. My mom say I have been that way all of my life and many good things have come from it but usually for someone else and not me. I am too old to change now so I just do the best I can not to get an ulcer or gray hairs or alieanate people.

When Rosee & Reeta both died I felt so helpless just having to wait around with absolutely no control over anything, that I actually >(unknowingly)< chewed off my long beautiful fingernails. I kid you not, so just call me knubby until they grow back again!!!

Re: Happy News - 05/20/10 03:16 PM

Dear Knubs, any word?

Re: Happy News - 05/20/10 03:26 PM

You are such a wise butt and too funny. YES!!! I pick up my baby today at 1:00 p.m. Her name will be SASSY! She is so adorable, a brown, tan and white tiny Chihuahua. I have only a black and white photo of her for now as my printer does not print color. I am mailing one to you JJ, my mom, and another to Avalon Blondie on my way out today. I will take some in color and send them to Edelweiss who will be posting them for me. Ask me if I am excited???
YOU BETCHA I AM!!!

Re: Happy News - 05/20/10 03:29 PM

Congratulations, Mommy Knubs! We couldn't be happier for you, or for Sassy!

Re: Happy News - 05/20/10 06:39 PM

I'm so excited for you, Chatty. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about her.

SASSY has arrived... - 05/21/10 03:44 PM

SASSY arrived home yesterday at about 1:30 p.m. all her new fixins were in place. She seemed shy for about the first half hour then ate, pooped, and started exploring the whole house. She loves her fancy new enclosure and slept in my room next to my bed safe and secure in it, and she slept all night with only a few fusses, then I lowered my hand into her bed got some kisses and she went right back to sleep. This morning she was tearing all around the house playing with her many toys, ate a hearty breakfast and them went into her bed.

I had 4 soft stairs for the other girls so they could climb up on my bed and figured Sassy wouldn't be able to use them for several months yet as she is so small. WELL!!! Guess what? I was at the computer and turned to see if she was still asleep and she wasn't there, and then I saw her sassy self sitting smack dab in the center of my queen size bed looking at me. She has climbed the stairs several times since then. I picked the correct name for this little spitfire, I'm sure of that...

My ex is picking up a camera for me today so I can get some pictures to post.

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/21/10 04:23 PM

Great news, Chatty. I almost feel like a proud grandparent as I've been checking in here often since yesterday waiting to hear the news! Can't wait to see pictures.
Posted by: jabber

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/23/10 01:42 PM

Congratulations Chatty and Sassy! This makes me happy! Love
happy news!

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/23/10 03:43 PM

Where's the pics?

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/24/10 04:27 AM

Chatty I am so happy for you...But I am ECSTATIC for baby Sassy...she is such a lucky little girl to come home to a Mommy with a heart as big as yours..I can't wait to see her!!!!
I love that she has already found her way onto your bed...you are going to be so happy now my friend...and I know that Rosee and Reeta are wagging their little tails off in heaven knowing that you have a little furball to lavish your love on again.
I'm just so so happy for you!!!! smile
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/24/10 05:22 PM

Hey Chatty - I just stopped by for a few moments and found this thread. Ooh I'm so happy for you that you've got your little Sassy girl home and on the road to happiness for both of you. Congratulations on finind her especially since she's a little one that desperately needs your love and care. I know you'll enjoy her so much.

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/24/10 05:44 PM

Today I sent my entire email list of friends the first picture on little Sassy. I then asked Edelweiss to post it if and when she is able to here so the rest of you interested can also meet her. She is so lucky to have so many Aunties to love.

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/24/10 06:06 PM

Here ya go, Chats!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/24/10 06:49 PM

Awwwwwwww!! She's so cute!!!! I just love her, Chatty!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/24/10 07:28 PM

What a delightful thread, Chatty! congratulations!!

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/24/10 08:32 PM

Thanks so much JJ for posting her picture of my darling girl. I am having the best time with her, it's been so many years since I had a puppy running around the house and could have called her BULLET because thats the way she shots around the place, it is so funny. Today she barked at the UPS guy and he nearly lost it laughing. Thanks again all of you that supported me during my crippling sadness and are sharing my happiness now.

Oh, and JJ I read your blog and left a comment about the garage sale, how funny that was...Your humor is too much!!!

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/24/10 08:58 PM

What I loved about the picture was that she looks like she is posing AND smiling. Doesn't she? She is truly adorable.

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/25/10 01:23 AM

I've never seen a chocolate Chihuahua before. She weighs less than a pound now but should be around 3 or 4 when grown. Her one ear stands up straight but in the picture because of the camera in her face I think, it was down in a submissive way.

I feel and sound like a new mother just gushing about her new baby. Been there, done that with my sons as well. Some of us never learn and are just naturally gushy!!! I know you know what I mean...

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/25/10 03:49 AM

I know Exactly what you mean Chatty!!! She is soooooooo beautiful...Gush all you want...whenever you want...our puppies bring out the best in us..don't they??
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/28/10 02:38 AM

Chatty, congratulations on your new puppy Sassy! And advanced congratulations on your new sofa, shoes and carpet! Didn't you want new furniture anyway!

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/28/10 07:56 AM

Not a problem this baby will not get much bigger than 3 to 5 pounds and these little guys are not furniture or anything else chewers. Plus she has two beds filled with toys etc., plenty to keep her busy...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/29/10 02:02 AM

I'd like a new bed -King size! Seems I'd have more room sleeping in a twin size bed alone than a Queen with a dog and 2 cats!

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/30/10 11:18 PM

Chatty..keep on gushing there, girl! Why not?? This kind of happiness and love doesnīt come and stay that often, right?

smile smile smile

Re: SASSY has arrived... - 05/31/10 12:23 AM

Thanks Humlan and nope it sure doesn't come around that often, so gush I shall...