Airport worker fired...

Posted by: jabber

Airport worker fired... - 12/06/11 04:44 PM

An airport baggage handler refused supervisor's orders to load a dog onto a Texas-bound flight. The animal looked emaciated, body was covered with sores, and paws were worn raw. Worker said she remembers thinking if the dog got on that flight, it would surely die. The worker lost her job.
http://news.yahoo.com/airport-worker-fired-refusing-load-dog-180226755.html
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Airport worker fired... - 12/06/11 06:24 PM

Thanks for spotting this story and sharing it, Jabber.

How wonderful that the baggage handler took care of the dog. Hopefully she will be rewarded with a better position, now that the story has gone public.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Airport worker fired... - 12/16/11 11:35 PM

The owner of that dog needs to be prosecuted for CRUELTY TO AN ANIMAL. I hope someone start an investigation!!!

Re: Airport worker fired... - 12/17/11 03:04 PM

This is a sad situation. I believe I read where the dog was returned to the owner. If so, the authorities should be thrown out of office!!!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Airport worker fired... - 12/17/11 06:34 PM

Here's the latest I could find:

http://www.rgj.com/article/20111206/NEWS...fter-saving-dog

Re: Airport worker fired... - 12/17/11 07:22 PM

Thanks yonuh! I'm glad she's been offered her job back; but I'm not glad they passed a law keeping animal abuse info secret.
That seems to protect the abuser more than it does the animal.

Re: Airport worker fired... - 12/17/11 08:41 PM

Yes, it does, jabber. I think there are too many cases of a lot of things that are kept secret. But on the other hand, we do have that 'innocent until proven guilty' thing. Too often when some allegations of crimes are publicized, the person is deemed guilty because of the publicity, when that may not be the case.

Re: Airport worker fired... - 01/02/12 06:59 PM

Now the local channels are talking about an SPCA administrator
mistreating animals. Geese! I'm so discouraged with people abusing innocent pets. There should be harsher punishment for this type of abuse. It's heartbreaking!!!!

Re: Airport worker fired... - 01/02/12 08:16 PM

There will only be harsher punishment if we push for laws to punish animal abusers. I believe there are still communities that don't punish animal abusers as much as they should. Check your local laws and push to make them more stringent if you don't think they are harsh enough.