Animal related writing opp- nonpaying

Posted by: Kelly L. Adams Stone

Animal related writing opp- nonpaying - 04/26/06 05:51 AM

Hi Ladies,

I posted this under Women Writers but thought I'd put it here, too. I put together a quarterly newsletter for a non-profit animal welfare group in Georgia that works to promote anti-cruelty intiatives by educating people about the laws against animal abuse and other ways that we can treat animals better as the "dominant" species of the planet.

If you'd be interested in contributing (gawd how I hate that word for writers) a short article for the newsletter about an animal welfare topic of some sort, please private message me. This is a non-paying situation, and I'm sorry about that. I don't get paid, either-- I donate my writing time and skills to this group since it's a cause I believe in. What I can offer you is a bio, a link to your URL if you have one, and a head shot.

If interested, pm me and I'll direct you to the website and we can go from there.

Thanks!
Kelly
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Animal related writing opp- nonpaying - 04/26/06 05:54 AM

I'm in and looking forward to the opportunity to do something that may benefit the animals.

Re: Animal related writing opp- nonpaying - 04/26/06 06:03 AM

Sent you a PM Chatty-- thanks!! [Big Grin]

Kelly
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Animal related writing opp- nonpaying - 04/27/06 12:43 AM

Kelly,
I wish I had something to contribute. However I would love to read a copy of the newsletter. Any way for us to read it? Also, of all of your contributing writers, I would be very interested in knowing what they felt would be the #1 topic that the public needed to hear/be educated about THE MOST. What say yee? Any thoughts?

JJ

Re: Animal related writing opp- nonpaying - 04/27/06 12:59 AM

JawJaw, sent you PM. Thanks, Kelly
Posted by: Kentj1020

Re: Animal related writing opp- nonpaying - 06/19/06 07:12 AM

HI Kelly,

I know this is an old thread, but I would be interested in not only reading an edition of your newsletter, but also participating in any future issues. I am also located in Georgia, and own two pet related businesses, co-run a local rescue group, and volunteer with two other local breed specific rescue groups.

Thank you

Re: Animal related writing opp- nonpaying - 06/19/06 06:46 PM

Hi Kentj1020,

I tried to send you a PM but the icon doesn't seem to be on your profile. If you will PM me with your email address, I'll send you the info.

Thanks,
Kelly
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Animal related writing opp- nonpaying - 06/19/06 06:57 PM

If you don't have your PM engaged, you can't send them either. Just a heads up for you.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Animal related writing opp- nonpaying - 06/20/06 07:37 AM

You can "engage" it by going to your profile and clicking inside the box that says, "allow private messaging." I'm not sure that's the exact wording, but you get the drift...

JJ
Posted by: Kentj1020

Re: Animal related writing opp- nonpaying - 06/19/06 09:50 PM

Oops...didn't realize it was disabled. It has been fixed...thanks!