My Crazy Bird

Posted by: Dianne

My Crazy Bird - 03/01/05 08:55 AM

Sammie continues to amaze me. She's always imitated the kitchen door opening, the alarm chiming and the door closing but she's now imitating the sound of footsteps on the steps leading from the garage to the kitchen door. It can get kind of scary when I'm home alone because she's so good, I can't tell what's real and what's her!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: My Crazy Bird - 02/28/05 09:29 PM

Now, that would freak me out to no end!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/02/05 06:00 AM

Turn on the show COPS and she can learn to imitate a siren on a cop car and sing the famous song, "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?" She can scare away any bad boys, Ha, ha! [Big Grin]

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/02/05 06:55 AM

Good idea! My daughter was trying to get Sammie to come down off the top of her cage last night and in a man's voice, Sammie said, "No, don't." Brandi backed away!
Posted by: Dian

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/02/05 10:10 AM

You must do a book about Sammie - she reminds me of the animals in Rita Mae Brown's books with the talking animals. What a hoot!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/02/05 05:58 PM

See? Everybody says "do a book on Sammie!" So, you gotta. You could call it "The Bird Who Knew Too Much" and make it about crying wolf....if you were doing it for children.

If it were adults...the sky's the limit. The bird's gotta have her own book. She's a natural ham...(no offense Sammie) Tell her Trixie says Hey!

JJ

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/02/05 07:48 PM

I would most likely do an adult book on her because I can't write about "some" of her vocabulary for kids to read, if you get my drift. Who taught that bird those words anyway? Looking innocent here.

I'm editing my FINISHED screenplay...okay, if I'm editing it, it ain't finished but the story is finished and I'm fine tuning it. So, I just might start working on Sammie's book this week. An outline at least.

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/03/05 06:15 AM

I volunteer to critique it just so I can read it myself first, and don't have to wait until its done. he, he.... [Razz] [Big Grin]

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/03/05 08:37 AM

You animal lover! Chatty, I'm reading a wonderful book that I will mail to you when I'm finished. I was thinking of you as I read it today.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/03/05 09:16 PM

Dianne, congrats on getting to the editing stage! That's progress.

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/05/05 05:08 AM

Super, when your done send me an e-mail and I'll send you my address and thanks for thinking of me..... [Big Grin]

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/06/05 04:27 AM

No problem. You'll love this book because it's about how animals think and feel. The woman who wrote it is autistic and only sees things in pictures. It's amazing. She's hired all around the world for her ability to see everything the way animals do. It's fascinating.

Thanks Dotsie. I hate the editing process. Just hate it! I'm making myself work on it a minimum of one hour per day. And trust me, I have to force myself to do it. Blah.

Which one of you offered to edit it for me. Someone that knows screenplays? Need some extra cash? Let me know cause I'll hire you to look at my beast and give me input and you have to be kind because I'm a virgin at screenplays.

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/06/05 06:10 AM

Dianne I was the one that offered to look at the screen play. Have done several with a well known Mystery writer Denny Griffin. Also have had some input on several sites. Check out: www.screenplays.com
You'll be amazed at whats there. Here if you need me... [Wink]

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/07/05 08:09 AM

Where on the site, did you want me to look?

I can email it to you in Word.

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/06/05 11:03 PM

Pick one or read them all, never know what pearls of wisdom you might uncover....

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/11/05 03:22 AM

Chatty, the more I read my sp the more I realize it needs more work. So, when my company leaves, I'll hit the grind again.

Sammie has been sooooo quiet because she doesn't know our company. She stares at them but says nothing. Hmmmm. I don't think they believe she really talks.

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/11/05 10:34 PM

After much silence, Sammie looked at my sister this morning and said, "Bonjour!" Melted my sister's heart.

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/16/05 09:23 AM

Dianne I got your photo of Sammie today and as I imagined she is a real beauty and you can see the cocky attitude on her face. I now have her on my wall, her picture I mean....What a nice surprise that was. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Re: My Crazy Bird - 03/16/05 09:13 PM

She does look cocky, doesn't she? Wonder where she got that???? Glad you liked it.