I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother

Posted by: wordscribe

I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother - 01/09/08 11:54 AM

Hello all!

I found this forum through Dotsie's contest she is running on Life Lessons. I have been reading some of the posts here and they are very interesting.

I am a stepmother to an amazing 23-year-old kid? young adult? man?? I think I have been extremely fortunate in that he's just been a great kid all around.

I wrote a blog post about women being portrayed as wicked stepmothers and what the truth really is and would love it if you went over to that site, checked it out and would like to hear your comments!

Her Circle Ezine

Take care,
Diane
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother - 01/09/08 03:08 PM

Diane,
I did travel over to your blog. Well done! You are very level headed and have identified your role as a step-parent completely in this child's life. One that is non-threatening, loving, and supportive. Why would ANYBODY do any differently? I know they do, but why, for Pete's sake. Good for you, I say. I just love your outlook on this, and life in general.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Please do stick around and post some more. I have the feeling everyone is going to really benefit from your wisdom.

Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother - 01/09/08 03:27 PM

Thanks so much, Queen JJ

I also really appreciate the welcome. I think I will enjoy hanging out here. I don't think I've ever seen a forum for stepmoms. I am looking forward to chatting with fellow Boomer Women!

Best,
Diane
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother - 01/09/08 03:34 PM

Well, you're gonna find every kind of MOM in here....Step, Jump, and Hustle. You might call this the garden variety. Or maybe the Spaghetti Sauce kind...you know the Prego? If you want it, its in here! LOL!

Enjoy yourself, and if you have questions, just ask. Somebody will help. There are tons of threads so feel comfortable about jumping in with both feet.

Also, if at any point you'd like to share more info about yourself, feel free to do that as well. Just remember a couple of things. This is an open forum, so anything you print in here can be read by the world, and of course, treat everyone with the Golden Rule in mind...other than that..."Step" in!
Posted by: Dee

Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother - 01/11/08 02:42 PM

Hi Diane,
I read your blog and how wonderful for you that you found your way into such a loving stepson's life. Welcome to the forums and this wonderfully diverse group of women. You may not agree with everyone and everyone may not agree with you but everyone reaches out to you when you have a heavy heart or troubles...it's a wonderful group of sisters.
Welcome sweetie.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother - 01/11/08 05:51 PM

wordscribe, glad to see you found us. We're happy to have you. Make sure you hop in the other forume too. I'm sure you have lots to share.

Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother - 01/11/08 07:32 PM

Thanks so much for everyone's nice welcomes!

Question: How do you add your picture to the forum?

Take care,
Diane

Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother - 01/11/08 07:46 PM

Nevermind! I figured out how to post a picture

Diane
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother - 01/11/08 10:00 PM

Welcome Diane! Looks like you belong here big time!

I met a woman once who had three children, one of them was adopted.
Although we didn’t really know each other, she told me that her adopted child is the one who has the most special place in her heart. She then said, she never admitted that to anyone, and probably is just telling me that because I will never meet her again.

I can definitely understand loving a stepchild just like your own. The respect and love you have for one another counts more than being related.
Posted by: Anno

Re: I'm Not a Wicked Stepmother - 01/11/08 11:33 PM

Hello Worscribe. Welcome to BWS. Enjoy.

I was one of those wicked stepmoms way back when - oh, but now here I go talking about me!

I will check out your blog tommorow. In the meantime, enjoy you new home, here. I think you will enjoy.