Oldies but goodies

Posted by: chatty lady

Oldies but goodies - 08/15/09 03:42 PM

Last night late a miovie came on the was called YOURS, MINE and OURS. It starred Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. She was a widow and he a widower and both came with a herd of kids. It was so delightful and made me laugh. Unlike most of the movies today, there was no loud shooting, screaming, blood, guts and gore. NO one was murdered, tortured or anything like that.

I do sometimes miss the oldies. What kinds of movies do you ladies like?
Posted by: jabber

Re: Oldies but goodies - 08/16/09 04:37 PM

I like Lucy and Angela Landsbury and love stories and mysteries
and cowboy movies. Not into blood 'n guts and cuttin' folks up.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Oldies but goodies - 08/17/09 01:26 PM

WB likes Court TV; Law 'n Order; Races of any kind; Rodeo;
And I also enjoy Dave Ramsey; Bill O'Reilly; Glenn Beck; Nancy Grace, in small doses; and Deal or NO Deal; The Money List; 1 vs. 100; Who Wants to be a Millionaire; old re runs, etc.

Re: Oldies but goodies - 09/06/09 12:23 AM

I love watching a good movie while snuggled up on the sofa in an afghan with the lights low. Sometimes I save a snack for when I know someting good is coming on. I use to have to go out every night but not anymore. I appreciate my home and being comfortable.
Posted by: Nora Rose

Re: Oldies but goodies - 09/06/09 06:45 PM

Chatty, I love old movies. A few weeks ago I watched a Bette Davis marathon on Turner Classics. I like Katherine Hepburn, Judy Garland, Bette Davis and many more. Family, and love story themes are my favorite. Mysteries too. Nothing like the old movies!!

Re: Oldies but goodies - 09/12/09 12:28 AM

Sometimes when I am so stressed out by the countless, ridiculous commercials on ALL the other channels, I turn to the Turner Classics and my blood pressure drops into the normal range after about half an hour of blissful NO commercial movies. LOL!!!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Oldies but goodies - 09/13/09 07:14 PM

Just watched "An Affair to Remember" today. I have watched it many times but, still cried over the same scenes. Love old films.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Oldies but goodies - 09/13/09 08:08 PM

Lola, that is one of my all-time favorites. I LOVE THAT SHOW!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Oldies but goodies - 09/13/09 08:40 PM

My all-time favorite is Casablanca. I think Ingrid Bergman was such a classy lady. We found a DVD of the movie on the bargain rack at Target, so we can watch it whenever we want. We also love The African Queen, but it isn't on DVD, and I can't think why it wouldn't be.

Re: Oldies but goodies - 09/13/09 09:14 PM

Grab a tissue, JJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuo9T6wl5XA
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Oldies but goodies - 09/14/09 01:10 AM

I loveeeeeeeeeee that movie...and yes, I teared up. I want to be loved like that....again.

Re: Oldies but goodies - 09/14/09 06:11 AM

Oh, gosh. Me as well but, I'd have the man go back in time for me. Have you seen "Somewhere in Time" which starred Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour, JJ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEhKxYnKGs

Re: Oldies but goodies - 09/18/09 10:48 PM

Get into the movies JJ, its the only place people are loved like that.