Unexplained problems

Posted by: yonuh

Unexplained problems - 11/16/08 01:58 AM

Well, I'm finally able to get back into the site! Yippeee! I have missed being here. I still don't know what the issue is - I couldn't get into either this site or NABBW - but could get into everything else on the web. I spent hours on the phone with my ISP and with Apple, but nobody could figure out the problem. So tonight I thought I'd try again and here I am. I haven't changed anything so I have no idea what the problem was! I have missed y'all something fierce (LOL) and I'm so glad to be back. Guess I have some catching up to do!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Unexplained problems - 11/16/08 02:59 AM

This is amazing. I can't believe it. And nothing changed? That is so odd.

Glad you're here. I saw Lola and Celtic in another forum too. Whew, life is grand.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Unexplained problems - 11/16/08 12:55 PM

Yonuh, do you use Firefox?
Posted by: Di

Re: Unexplained problems - 11/16/08 03:02 PM

Yonuh.....we have Macs and Firefox as well. But our Operating System needs updating. DH is working toward that. Is your O/S up to date? I think OS 10 is the current.

I wondered where you were! Good to see you again!

Re: Unexplained problems - 11/16/08 03:20 PM

I have a Macbook and use Firefox. I tried other browsers (Safari and even IE with my Parallels) and used my partners G4 Mac as well-just couldn't get in from home at all. My OS is 10.4.11 so is up-to-date. I could get in from work but not home. Really weird! Then I was sick most of last week so didn't go to work and so I wasn't able to get on the site at all. Computers are great - except when they don't work!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Unexplained problems - 11/16/08 03:33 PM

I love Firefox, but I've found that I have to go in occasionally and delete certain things when a particular Web page won't load. It's only ONE Web site, too. Not any others. Go figure. I don't have the time to investigate, so I just delete the cookies to that site and of course, I'm in...
Posted by: Di

Re: Unexplained problems - 11/16/08 04:09 PM

Ah, same w/me, JJ. The ol' "COOKIE MONSTER" creeps in. I've had cookie problems with my UPS shipping site before. AND the USPS site. Yep, deleting the cookies HAS helped me several times.

Forgot about that one! You are SUCH the TECH guru!!

Re: Unexplained problems - 11/16/08 09:38 PM

I deleted all the cookies, all the private data, etc. etc. and still nothing. Then a few minutes ago I couldn't post but could still get in. Frustrating! So if I 'disappear' for a while, you'll know why! LOL