Energy of some folks

Posted by: orchid

Energy of some folks - 04/29/12 11:13 PM

A good friend of mine @52 is taking courses towards her 2nd Master's degree at university, while also working full-time. I've known her since university.

Honest, I don't have the drive right now to pursue another full fledged university degree. I'm in awe of her. It is the right time to pursue it since her only daughter is now an adult and studying at school in another city.

I have been looking for evening courses on specific topics that would complement my job but have not been happy with current offerings. For the type of courses that I'm interested, I would benefit from classroom interaction,not 100% online course.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Energy of some folks - 04/30/12 12:41 AM

Wow Orchid, your friend's effort takes a lot of dedication and a willingness to give up her "free time" to her studies. I've known people who did it - both of my parents included. So I speak from observation when I recognize what a commitment your friend has made to her future.

Since you make reference to it, is your friend doing all her coursework online? If so, that might be a bit easier, as she can to the coursework "at her convenience," to some degree...

Good luck with finding the classroom courses you're looking for.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Energy of some folks - 05/09/12 12:49 AM

I'm not sure, parts of it maybe online for her courses.