Need Opinions Please

Posted by: TVC15

Need Opinions Please - 05/24/07 04:22 PM

I wasn't sure where to put this and since this thread hasn't been used in awhile, and since I do need a bit of education on something . . .
Anyway I made this lens at Squidoo about Tuscan Gardens and I need to know which category it better fits in.
I keep going back and forth between
Food and Cooking,
or the Do it Yourself Hobby category,
or nature.

Tuscan Gardens

I'd really appreciate any of you (or all of you) taking a look at it and tell me where you think it best belongs.

I need to place it correctly for site ranking purposes.

Thank you!!!!!!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/24/07 05:15 PM

I vote for nature.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/24/07 06:09 PM

The first thing that comes to my mind when I see the word "Tuscan" is Italian cuisine, so I'd probably look under Food & Cooking for Tuscan-related information. But because it's a multi-purpose garden project, it could also fit in Nature or Do It Yourself. Great help, aren't I!!

I vote for Food and Cooking.
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/24/07 06:22 PM

I vote for either nature or do it yourself hobby...great piece!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/24/07 08:23 PM

How about under a category, European Gardens?

By the way I'm eating up this article. I want to do a Tuscan Garden in the place where we cut down five huge trees. Yahoooooo. Thank you TVC !
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/24/07 09:39 PM

What's a "lens?"

I say some sort of Garden category. Nature?
Posted by: Anno

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/24/07 10:03 PM

You do such beautiful work, TCV. I vote for hobbies. Can't you put it in more than one lense? Just change the title?

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/24/07 11:52 PM

Thank you for all the opinions, I really appreciate your thoughts! (and compliments)

Hannalore, I've been building myself a Tuscan Garden in my yard. I add things every year. You will love it!

JJ,
A lens is what they call a page at Squidoo.com. You can use it to promote yourself, your other sites or you can just try to sell products through them. They are affiliated with Amazon, ebay, cooks.com, a whole bunch of places. You get a small cut if anything sells from your site. I'm doing it to promote my sites. One of the women there does ponds, she is getting most of her traffic through her squidoo lens. So I thought I'd give it a try and at the same time give new life to some of my older Fresh cooking articles.

http://www.squidoo.com/secretsofsuccessfulauthors/
I've got a link to all the secrets of successful authors interviews there. That one is ranked #91 today in arts and literature. (There are like 140,000 lens there altogether)
My tomato one is ranked #18 in food and cooking today. They are free and they are fun if you have nothing else to do. (Or if you don't want to clean...LOL) It's keeping me out of trouble anyway!

I like how you think Anno! Maybe I should split the recipes from the gardening. I just liked the way it was together.

More opinions please! LOL
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/25/07 12:03 AM

Now I know what a lens is. What's Squidoo? Apparently I live under a rock and Tuscan means food to me, too.

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/25/07 12:07 AM

I think we posted at the same time. (I was editting)
Squidoo is a website where you can make free pages up to promote things like your other sites, your blog, yourself...what ever. Thanks for voting!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/25/07 03:17 PM

This is interesting. Everyone is of a different opinion. Is there a gardening topic. I don't think food. I think garden or hobby.

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/25/07 06:37 PM

Thanks Dotsie.
There is no specific gardening one.
It's Do it yourself and hobbies,
Pets and nature,
or food and cooking.
Weird right?

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/25/07 06:43 PM

Maybe you need to alert them to make the change TVC.

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/25/07 08:10 PM

I think the whole concept is so new that they are feeling out categories.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/26/07 08:19 AM

Why not split it into two lenses, one under cooking and the other for hobbies, and link them?

When you first posted about this, I had never heard of Squidoo. Of course, information junkie that I am, I had to go to the site and read the entire FAQs, how to set up your site, history of the founders, etc. etc. Two hours worth. This is how I get myself into trouble.

One day I may even set up my own lens , if I can ever stop reading everything on the internet.

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/26/07 08:30 AM

Can I relate? Ohhhh yes. I am afraid I am going to die without knowing every little thang! I have what's called "selfish information overload".
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/26/07 08:36 AM

Chickadee, isn't it really LATE in Oklahoma right now? Geez, it's even getting late in California!

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/26/07 03:17 PM

If anyone is interested, I know they do get picked up by google because I've seen my tomato one when I did a search for tomato recipes. It was on the 3rd page I think, a couple spaces below my tomato recipes article at G&H, which is pretty good.
I find myself wasting quite a bit of time there though (when I should be doing other more important stuff) so I don't know how good it is to get involved with...LOL

I'm thinking I might be better off splitting it and linking it like some of you have suggested. I just hate to do that because I liked it the way it was. I'll keep thinking on it!
Thank you for all of the help you've given me. I truly appreciate it!

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/27/07 03:19 PM

TCV, can't you keep your lens together and just post it as is in two different places? That way you could see which lens gets more hits and it will let you know where others are looking for the information. I would hate to see it broken up; I like the way it looks, too.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Need Opinions Please - 05/27/07 10:13 PM

I have three websites, one is more towards my writing, the other is for the ghost wtiting and the third for my eEditing. All three mention the other two...