New Stories in Our Voices

Posted by: jawjaw

New Stories in Our Voices - 03/23/10 06:08 PM

Ladies,

I thought you might like to read four new stories we have posted in the Our Voices section at BoomerWomenSpeak.

They are:

Swan Song Ruffles Feathers

Purple Laptop; Good for the Soul

Yes, Virginia, There ARE Disadvantages to Losing Weight!

and

Do Zucchini Bread and Carrot Cake Qualify as Vegetables?

Enjoy!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: New Stories in Our Voices - 04/05/10 12:24 AM

Thanks Georgia,

It's great to see some new posts to this section.

As for me, I loved the last title, it made me laugh! Who among us hasn't searched for some redeeming value in some meal we ate? I know, having just overindulged at Easter Brunch, I've heard myself saying things like: Well, I did start out at the salad table, as opposed to others in our group who headed straight for the carving table with the prime rib -- and the mashed potatoes and gravy...

Of course, in my self-congratulation I neglected the fact that the salad table included salmon, peel and eat shrimp and plenty of cheeses... It was really more of an hors d'oeuvres display...

Re: New Stories in Our Voices - 04/05/10 01:07 PM

You should read my take on "buffets." The very first article I wrote for the public was, "Puffy, the Buffet Slayer," which is about ME overeating at buffets. I love those babies! Well, until later, that is...
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: New Stories in Our Voices - 04/05/10 03:06 PM

Marsha Jordan's was hysterical. I made a carrot cake for Easter and we joked about it having three cups of carrots so it must be good for you, not to mention the six cups of sugar and box of confectioners sugar. Well, maybe not six, but plenty.

Re: New Stories in Our Voices - 04/05/10 09:12 PM

Marsha is one of those writers who is funny even in emails. I think we try to "out funny" each other......don't tell her, but I always win...uh huh...sure do. Honest. Pinki swear...Really! Would I lie to you?
Posted by: jabber

Re: New Stories in Our Voices - 04/16/10 04:02 PM

Wish I could write like that!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: New Stories in Our Voices - 04/16/10 10:53 PM

I would be hard pressed to pick a best one, they are all exceptional in their own right. Of course, (ah,hum,) JJ is the winner of funny, hands down....

(psst, did I say it right, JJ?)
Posted by: jabber

Re: New Stories in Our Voices - 04/17/10 01:23 PM

JJ is always the winner of funny!