Where Iis everybody?

Posted by: chatty lady

Where Iis everybody? - 03/04/11 01:57 AM

I have been in here all day long and I am not kidding, yet not one soul have I run across, good grief are you all that busy?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Where Iis everybody? - 03/04/11 07:23 PM

Don't know Chatty, I've been busy meeting a few important deadlines, maybe that's what everyone is doing. I'm sure people will show up again.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/04/11 09:16 PM

Lorde I hope so! I feel like my name is on EVERY post, and no one wants to see that I'm sure...
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/05/11 09:52 AM

Oh chatty, I have often thought the same thing, and I guess it was just that, that caused me to drift away..not to mention that daily life seems to be overpowering lately.
It used to be that every post we posted was answered or commented on by at least 3 or maybe even 10 other ladies. Ann is doing a terrefic job commenting on all posts. But still, if I take the time and write a post, and no response is there...then I might as well be talking to Hubby...where what most I say goes in one ear and out the other anyway. lol. Oh well, times are a changing.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/05/11 06:20 PM

You all are right. I stop here almost daily and there is not much activity going on. Glad I decided to answer some posts. I think the other social media spots are taking many of our members time. I'm using them also. But it truely is not the same as here on BWS. I'm sure they'll come back.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/05/11 07:38 PM

I check in every day but don't always have time to write. I'll try to make more of an effort to respond. smile
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/06/11 09:07 PM

I've been in Cuba for the past four weeks, with limited (as in slow, expensive and unreliable) Internet, and before that was busy with doctor's appts and recuperating from the surgery in November, so haven't been able to get here for awhile. Will try to catch up and respond over the coming weeks.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/06/11 09:43 PM

How are you, Eagle Heart? It's good to see you back!!

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/06/11 10:36 PM

I guess we all do the best we can but need to remember that this IS the best forum on the web for we women. I would hate to see it become so inactive it just goes away. I have seen that happen to at least 3 sites I frequented when interest seemed to just fade away. This is the only place I can talk to some of you and would hate that to end...
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/07/11 07:22 PM

I've been down since Feb 14th. Oral surgery put so much pressure on my already damaged neck that it pinched a nerve causing debilitating pain. All aspects of my life affected. A double dose Decadron injection and meds didn't help until this Saturday night and Sunday when I had compete relief. Sunday night the pain returned. I am devastated. I was doing so well and then taken out of the game - again.

Ah well, such is life. My energy has been used to get food and water. Being alone sucks during these times and I miss your cyber company even more.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/07/11 07:38 PM

Saundra, Glad you are feeling enough better that you can post again. We missed you! Thanks for sharing the link to your "Got Teeth?" blog. I know oral pain can really wear a person down...

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/07/11 09:36 PM

Oh, Saundra, I'm so sorry about all the pain you've been going through. A pinched nerve is no fun I know.Hoping things get better soon!!

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/11/11 07:42 AM

It's great to stop by here before I go to bed. It's been a busy day but happy one. I enjoy seeing what everyone has been up to for the day or recently. It was a rainy start to the day but towards early evening it cleared off an was beautiful. A "cold" front for us came through and the temps will be in the 40's tonight. It feels positively wonderful. I'll be up early to go out while it's cool. But we're only going to get into the mid/high 60's so it will be great. How is the weather where you're all at right now?

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/11/11 01:45 PM

We had a whole day of snow yesterday, didn't even try to go out, though hubby went out mid-morning to shovel so the mail-lady could get through. Then it poured rain all night, so the street in front of our house is about ankle-deep in slippery puddles. Not nice at all. Grey skies, white stuff as far as the eye can see, but hey, I've got Sonshine in my heart, so there's some dazzling bright light INSIDE the house!

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/11/11 02:49 PM

Mid 80s here today and sunny! It's supposed to be in the 80s or near 80 for the next week - and more sun!!
Posted by: Di

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/11/11 05:11 PM

I come alive this time of year. Winter time is not my favorite. But heck.....where would WE go for winter if not here in New Mexico!

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/11/11 09:13 PM

It's 31 degrees and partly sunny here in the extreme northwest corner of Illinois... Most of the snow is gone - though we had an inch or so again earlier this week. I can still see remnants of the huge winter snowpiles on everyone's lawns however.

When I drove the bank yesterday, I remarked to myself that their huge (8 foot tall?) snowpile from driveway plowing was nowhere to be seen... And more significantly, I was outside yesterday without a coat, though it wasn't any warmer than today. I just seemed like it was, due to the sun.

We're supposed to be into the 50's tomorrow, which sounds heavenly.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/12/11 02:17 PM

It's warming up here too! The snow is melting into a huge pond in the street in front of our house. You need hip-waders to get through it, LOL. It's a good day to have my Bogs rainboots!

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/12/11 09:41 PM

Got up today and opened all the doors and windows for a lovely spring breeze on a 81* day with warm sunshine everywhere. I LOVE spring... Almost nice enough for the pool.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/12/11 10:15 PM

Sounds like a delightful day weather-wise, Chatty! Good thing you bought those new swimsuits already! You'll be all set as soon as you decide it's warm enough for the pool...

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/13/11 03:48 PM

Our cold front came through Friday night. It was in the 40's overnight and the 60's yesterday. 40's again last night but in the 70's today. Not too bad for us. I'm loving these temps without high humidity. Dreading warmer weather when it's so hot we feel like we're living on the edge of the sun.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/14/11 08:13 PM

I'm loving this weather! Into shorts and t-shirts and all the windows are open. Have to take advantage of spring as it's so short and summer is so long and so hot! lol

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/16/11 01:36 PM

Our day today is rather grey and dreary...and lots of seagulls around, which is unusual for us in this area. The snow is melting, the ice is breaking up (into rather large puddles, unfortunately for those who have to walk out there - maybe I should be renting out my Bogs boots!)

I'm glad to be snuggled up in my comfy chair with my laptop and online friends to keep me warm (while hubby slaves away trying to finish our income taxes). I don't feel guilty though, it's only 9:30am and I've got supper all ready to go (stuffed peppers). The house smells good!!

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/16/11 05:35 PM

Yum! I love stuffed peppers!

You are industrious to already have supper ready to go. Steve spent the whole weekend working on our taxes. Collected all the stuff and sent it via email to the accountant, who was supposed to have it all done by Monday. So far, no word... Hope that's not a bad sign!

Wednesday night is our night to have dinner with a group of friends. We rotate who gets to choose the venue - dining in or going out -- and it's my turn to choose.

I'm planning to suggest we go out for dinner tonight, but since we've done that an awful lot lately, I'd not be surprised if I end up cooking.

Hmmm. I have some good thick leftover chili -- I wonder what would happen if I tried stuffing peppers with it?

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/16/11 06:09 PM

It's basically the same mixture, so why not! We often use leftover chili to make super nachos, but I don't know if that would work with a large group of people.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/16/11 10:51 PM

Eagle Heart, it looks like I'm getting my wish to go out for dinner tonight.

But I am intrigued by the idea of stuffed peppers using my leftover chili, so I am going to try that this week. I'll let you know how it works...

Anne
Posted by: jabber

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/19/11 07:18 PM

Got home from Florida about 3 p.m. yesterday. 1st sign of snow
was just south of Erie, Pa. There are still snow patches here
but most of it is gone. Was snowing this morning for a while.
Now it's just cold, low 30s. Can't wait for warm weather. I love the temps from April to Oct. You gals in Arizona and down
South, enjoy yourselves. I like stuffed green peppers, too.
They're one of WB's favs, too.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/20/11 02:34 PM

Gotta try that leftover chili idea, too.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/21/11 02:20 AM

Welcome home, Jabber!

As much as I love to travel, I always enjoy coming home, too! Glad most of your snow is gone. Ours is gone, too! Woke up this morning to pouring rain, so I guess our winter is essentially over and now we are going to be hearing lots about flood watches on the news!

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/21/11 02:08 PM

Anne,
Thank you for the welcome home. We're having spring showers today but they say we'll have snow tomorrow. I'm so looking forward to April and the bright flowers of springtime.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/22/11 05:04 AM

Well, I guess our spring has sprung. We've had temps as high as 85 already here. The only thing that makes it okay is the humidity is low yet. We are still in drought conditions so have to be careful of fires. We've had some big ones on the east coast counties. Their smoke decided to let us know it was there and we could smell it. Glad that's gone. But it was lovely today, in the low to mid 80's and sunny with a small breeze blowing. I enjoyed the weather.

Happy to know your snow's about all gone for those in the Northern climates. It's been a long winter for you all. Spring in the north is lovely for sure. Enjoy your Spring everyone.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/22/11 02:21 PM

They say a big snow storm is on the way. So I have to go to
town before the driving gets too bad. I love your weather,
Sandpiper. It is so beautiful there. Blessings...

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/23/11 04:36 AM

You take care, Jabber. Be safe and home before the snow storm hits. About time for spring to happen up there don't you think? I grumble about the hot weather but I know I couldn't take that cold stuff anymore. Blessings.

Re: Where is everybody? - 03/23/11 01:42 PM

Hi Sandpiper,
I was so hoping spring had arrived. But snowing now and there's
probably 3 to 4 inches of accumulation from overnight. Think I
heard we're supposed to get a foot of snow out of this storm.
Temps are in the mid-20s. Enough already!!! "Early spring?"
What a crock of crackers that is!!!

Re: Where is everybody? - 04/07/11 09:27 AM

Don't feel bad ladies, it has been so warm they opened the pools here and yesterday and today it dropped back into the low 60's with high winds and no sunshine...Geesh!!!

Re: Where is everybody? - 04/07/11 03:32 PM

It's such a gorgeous sunny day here...we just got back from doing a few errands and I actually had to take my coat off! The temps show 2C (34F) which should be too chilly without a coat, but it was glorious out there! Whoo hoo! Those crocuses and daffodils will be out soon!

Re: Where is everybody? - 04/07/11 03:50 PM

Love those bright yellow daffodils! And love hearing the birds
sing, and seeing the sunshine, too!

Re: Where is everybody? - 04/26/11 05:20 PM

Love it. It's sunny and almost 70 degrees today. Rain is in the
forecast but thus far only a hit'n miss shower. The grass is green. The birds are singing. There isn't much wind. And I'm
loving this type of weather. Sorry for the folks in the paths of so many tornadoes. Wish that wasn't going on. Just finished listening to, "Enjoying Everyday Life." 'Twas good as always.
Have a great day. And stay safe!

Re: Where is everybody? - 04/27/11 01:03 PM

They said it got to 81 degrees yesterday. Not a record. But it was nice to have!

Re: Where is everybody? - 04/28/11 01:47 AM

Got into my new swimsuit today and laid next to the pool to start on my tan. Too breezy to venture into the water but a gorgeous day to be outdoors. I am in heaven I swear!

Re: Where is everybody? - 04/28/11 06:13 PM

And Heaven is a good place to be. I came in here to answer
the original question: Where is everybody? And the answer is:
I'll bet they went to England!

P.S. This too is suppose to be a JOKE!!!

Re: Where is everybody? - 05/04/11 08:46 PM

You are a card woman, always someting funny. I love people who live with humor and can take a joke. There are enough sour pusses in this world. Oops, my bad, now I suppose someone will think I mean them... Imagine that!