OUR VOICES launched today

Posted by: Dotsie

OUR VOICES launched today - 06/16/05 07:09 AM

I'm so excited to launch a new section at BWS. OUR VOICES is a collection of stories written by baby boomer women that share what's on the hearts and minds of our generation. They will carry you from childhood through midlife. Many topics are covered, with more to come.

Please do not fret if you had a story accepted but don't see it yet. Stories will continue to be added.

Dig in. I'm sure you'll find something you can relate with.

Oh, be patient. My web queen is doing all she can to get this launched before the end of the day. [Big Grin] The stories can be accessed through the homepage.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/16/05 01:24 AM

Love it Dots....Can't wait to read them all!

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/16/05 02:30 AM

Dotsie are these stories the ones from only the women of Boomer age you were asking for? [Cool]
Posted by: Louisa

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/16/05 02:52 AM

I'm confused.

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/17/05 07:23 AM

Louisa, go to the homepage. Look at the top for a button that says, "OUR VOICES". Click on that and you will see that we are loading stories on the site.

Chatty, yes, boomer age stories. One must be born between 1946-1964 to submit.
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/16/05 08:19 PM

Just got through reading several. I'd recommend the one by Linda Rondeau. All the ones I read were great. Nice section, Dotsie!

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/16/05 11:21 PM

Here's the link:
http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/stories.htm

Donna, Linda's is cute, isn't it?

Did you give me permission to post your story? Hmmm, I have to check my files.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/17/05 05:54 AM

What wonderful stories, read 4 and have the rest to go. Great idea Dotsie... [Big Grin]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/17/05 10:32 AM

I figure I'll read a few every time I'm here.

Dotsie, when you add the new stories -- put them in a new heading, or indicate that they're new in some way. That way, people won't be asking, "Did I read that one yet?"

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/17/05 06:09 PM

Meredith, thanks for the suggestion. I am working on getting soem of the kinks out of this launch. Hang in there. Did you like the way I put all three of your poems on the same page? ALso, I need your bio. I decided to put the stories up with only your name. Just let me know if you want me to include your web address and a little bio.

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/18/05 10:50 AM

Have I gone blind? 'Cuz I went to that page, and didn't see my name or poems anywhere [Eek!] I'll send the bio out probably tomorrow.
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/18/05 04:53 PM

meredith - not all of the stories are posted on there yet -

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/19/05 03:40 AM

Sorry Meredith. Now I recall asking my web queen to wait for your bio...I think. That's awful. I can't remember. I'll have to check with her.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/21/05 11:06 PM

Dots: I'm glad this forum continues to grow and expand. "Our voices" is just another way of reaching out and encouraging others. Congratulations, and congrats to all the contributors too!
Posted by: Wisdom&Life

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/22/05 03:02 AM

This is really neat!

I did get sidetracked because I ended up reading some of these stories.

Thanks Dotsie!

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 06/25/05 06:59 PM

More stories coming next week!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 08/07/05 07:32 AM

Congratulations Dotsie. Has anyone else noticed the World Wide Web Award on the home page? It's been there for a little while.Did I miss a post on it? Dotsie?

chick

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 08/08/05 07:19 AM

thanks. I did a little research on web awards and decided to apply got a toughie. We won! Yahoo. thanks for noticing chick. Eventually I'll go back and apply for the GOLD!

LAdies, this is a fun thing to do if you have sites. You can use it in media releases.
Posted by: TVC15

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 08/08/05 02:52 AM

Oh that's great! I can't beleive I didn't notice!
congratulations Dotsie!

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 08/08/05 11:16 AM

Congrats Dotsie! For the work you've been doing here, you deserve all the awards you can get [Big Grin]

Re: OUR VOICES launched today - 08/09/05 07:38 AM

Thank you Meredith. I'm really passionate about giving our generation of women a voice. And thanks to all the women who are so willing to share what it's like being a booemr women!