I'm on the BWS rollercoaster!

Posted by: Bluebird

I'm on the BWS rollercoaster! - 11/09/05 12:35 AM

Does anyone else feel like thy're riding a rollercoaster when they're here? You go from topics that make you laugh out loud to ones that make you cry your eyes out. It's an emotional workout...We women are very agile, aren't we?

If only it would burn calories!!

[ November 08, 2005, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Western Bluebird ]
Posted by: Sweetums

Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster! - 11/09/05 06:34 AM

I am a brand new member. I found this website yesterday, when I did a search on "lonliness". As I read through so many postings, it struck me how incredibly wise women are, and how willing we are to reach out to each other.

It made me feel better to be reminded that I'm definitely not the first person to struggle with loneliness and the vicious cycle that takes on a life of its own - lonliness/isolation/withdrawal = feeling even more lonely.

Thank you to each and every one of you who so generously shared your thoughts, for it has truly helped me. I needed to be reminded that sometimes you have to make yourself move out of your comfort zone to break the cycle and talking to other women about their similar experiences is probably even more important. Why do we put so much importance on maintaining an appearance of self-sufficiency? When it seems that behind that mask, most (or all) of us are struggling with the same issues?

God bless you all.
Posted by: mellodysmiles

Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster! - 11/09/05 07:09 AM

Welcome Sweetums, I am sure you will continue to find BWS a warm place to spend some time.
Posted by: norma

Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster! - 11/09/05 08:25 AM

hi sweetums...coming to this site is like meeting a whole lot of wonderful sisters who no one had told us about, like mell and bluebird.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster! - 11/09/05 06:45 PM

Hi sweetums and welcome. You'll find that this site will help greatly with your feelings of being lonely. It's like a second home!
Posted by: Fiftyandfine

Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster! - 11/09/05 07:41 PM

Hey Bluebird,

You're right about that rollercoaster. Since I've been gone weeks, I've discovered I won't be able to handle it all in in one sitting. I'll either pee my pants from laughing so hard, or cry myself to death!
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster! - 11/09/05 09:49 PM

Welcome. Sweetums. You've come to a great place. I've just been here a short time myself and feel at home already.

As for the roller-coaster, I think we've all been on that. Right now I'm not, but who knows what tomorrow may bring.

Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster! - 11/09/05 09:49 PM

Welcome. Sweetums. You've come to a great place. I've just been here a short time myself and feel at home already.

As for the roller-coaster, I think we've all been on that. Right now I'm not, but who knows what tomorrow may bring.

Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster! - 11/09/05 09:51 PM

Just managed to post the same not twice. Sorry! Just at me to the list of the computer challenged. [Confused]