Olive Oil - Who Knew All the Things It Can Do?

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Olive Oil - Who Knew All the Things It Can Do? - 09/03/13 06:49 PM

I ran into this chart today, and felt I had to share it with you.

Who knew thare were this many uses for olive oil?

And, does any oil do a lot of this stuff? Or it is only olive oil that's so versatile?

I can't say I've used olive oil for anything non-edible, how about you?
Posted by: orchid

Re: Olive Oil - Who Knew All the Things It Can Do? - 09/04/13 12:26 AM

To encourage ear wax to naturally get out better, my doctor recommended just 1-2 drops from a sterile eye-dropper of olive olive or salad oil in ear and lie on pillow with a Kleenex underneath against the ear with oil to drain out the oil and encourage ear wax to move out more easily.

Sorry if this is too much info. But really...it is harmless. Otherwise see your doctor.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Olive Oil - Who Knew All the Things It Can Do? - 09/04/13 04:11 AM

Thanks, Orchid! I have a problem with ear wax, and several times have had to have my doctor irrigate my ear to remove it. This sounds like a safe method -- and a lot cheaper than going to the doctor's office!
Posted by: orchid

Re: Olive Oil - Who Knew All the Things It Can Do? - 09/07/13 02:06 AM

The oil droplet was to merely loosen the wax, so that if the doctor needed to spend less effort irrigating the ear, s/he could do so much more easily. Something like this done once or twice a year.

As you know, doctors don't recommend use of a Q-tip anymore to get ear wax out.

I noticed that the doctor irrigating my ear was very careful. A contrast to 30 years ago..

My sister doctor explained that doctors now are more conscious of accidental eardrum puncturing, etc.