Carpet cleaner --what's all-purpose good

Posted by: orchid

Carpet cleaner --what's all-purpose good - 09/13/13 11:25 AM

Sorry for such an ordinary query:

I really would like a good recommendation for a carpet cleaner...methinks I have chocolate stains on carpet. Will buy from store since I've already dabbed/soaked the initial intensity of the stain with clean wet rag.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Carpet cleaner --what's all-purpose good - 09/13/13 07:40 PM

Hi Orchid,

Well of course, chocolate is a tough stain. Here's a link from WikiHow on how to remove chocolate from carpet - complete with pictures. There are photos for each of the steps -- and I send it along because it uses natural products, like rubbing alcohol and dish detergent. This article also has a lot of good general advice on stuff like what sort of fibers the carpet is made of...

If that doesn't work, I am quite partial to a product called Resolve. Which is available -- in a couple of different formats -- in grocery stores.

but I'd love to hear what others might be suggesting.

Good luck!

Anne
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Carpet cleaner --what's all-purpose good - 09/14/13 12:33 AM

Bac-Out. It's a non-toxic enzyme cleaner with a fresh lime scent. I have used it to get much worse things than chocolate out of carpet. It may not completely remove the stain the first time around, but if you follow the directions, it does get it up after 2 or 3 applications. Because we have dogs, I would never use any chemicals, so this has been a great item to keep in our arsenal.