Baking eggs...

Posted by: jabber

Baking eggs... - 11/22/13 04:35 PM

Anne, I had never heard about baking hard-boiled eggs before you mentioned it on Facebook. I tried it. Love the concept. It's a much easier way to do a distasteful job. Easier shelling them. The whole process is easier. Less time-consuming. Thanks. Appreciate the tip! wink
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Baking eggs... - 11/22/13 04:54 PM

Hi Jabber, Glad you found the tip useful. smile
Posted by: Di

Re: Baking eggs... - 11/22/13 08:49 PM

Tried it with your ultimately fresh eggs. Do not like it. Dry eggs....and some brown spots on the eggs, too.

wonder if putting a panful of water in the oven at the same time would help!

Re: Baking eggs... - 11/23/13 02:20 PM

Methinks the temp has to be at 325 degrees; higher and the brown spots appear. But overall I like the taste and shelling process.
Posted by: Cookie

Re: Baking eggs... - 12/12/13 11:34 PM

Ok,y'all,...how do you bake eggs in the oven??? I have never heard of that. What is the idea behind it? Do they taste different than boiled eggs? I'll have to google that, lol.

Re: Baking eggs... - 12/13/13 02:24 PM

I like the idea but Di does not. Baked eggs seem to peel easier, if you take the shell off when they're still warm. To do eggs in the oven just put them in a muffin tin, so they don't roll, set temp at 325 and leave them there for a half an hour. I'd never heard of it before Anne posted about it on Facebook. To me, it seems easier than boiling, etc.