Stink bugs...

Posted by: jabber

Stink bugs... - 11/30/14 11:25 PM

Anybody on here had any experience with getting rid of stink bugs? Help. Please help! mad crazy cry
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/01/14 01:11 AM

Sorry, they sound awful, but I don't know anything abut them! Hope others are more helpful!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/01/14 04:14 AM

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/articles/how-to-get-rid-of-stink-bugs

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/01/14 05:12 PM

yonuh, the site you indicated says that the product mentioned does not work indoors. But I think I've found an indoor, out-door solution. Something Anne said about Boric Acid once, led me to a manufacturer named "Terro"; and, I just discovered they make two different products that supposedly kill Stink Bugs. These bugs didn't show up in the US until 1998. I suspect that's why not very many people know of their existance.

We vacationed near Knoxville last September and that KOA campground had Stink Bugs. We'd never heard of the darn things. But. Our motorhome has slideouts. The fourth night of camping these Stink Bugs infiltrated our Winnebago via underneath and various corners of the slideouts. We've been flushing Stink Bugs since September. Cold weather slows 'em down, like it does flies and bees. But we're concerned when we go to Florida in March, the warm weather will re energize however many are hiding in cracks or wheelwells, or hanging on the frame. WB found some in the engine while doing maintenance. So we know they're hanging around.

Thanks yonuh.

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/02/14 04:32 AM

The site has a section on Indoor strategies - no chemicals used.

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/02/14 10:44 PM

Thanks, yonuh. And I meant to thank you for taking the time to direct me to that site. We've been at this since September. And we've done the no chemicals strategies. But those methods are a pain in the butt; and these "Stink bugs" are enough to freak a person out. I know about the dish soap and jar catching, etc. Been there. Done that. The thing is this KOA near Knoxville, where we encountered these darn things, has full time residents and these dang critters don't seem to bother them in the least. So I deduce from that, that there must be a way to keep these ugly things at baye. That's what I'm looking for. I asked a gal on my FB page that lives near Knoxville. But she didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Again thanks for your help!

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/03/14 03:22 AM

Sounds awful, jabber.

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/03/14 11:11 PM

Just avoid camping near Knoxville, Tenn. We learned the hard way. If you google "Stink Bugs," almost every site mentions
Knoxville. We've been up and down the East Coast for many years and never had any trouble with these pests before. Live and learn.

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/04/14 01:53 AM

Since we don't go camping, we're probably safe. laugh

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/04/14 11:57 PM

I would say so. Over on facebook I suggested the use of honey for a sore throat. Now I don't know if that would fit in with your treatment and medication regiment, but thought I'd mention it. And I'm re mentioning it here, in case you didn't catch it over there. Prayers and blessings.

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/05/14 02:49 AM

Honey is good for a sore throat, jabber. But it's not going to help me right now as I can't swallow anything at all - not even water.

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/05/14 01:47 PM

I know. And I'm sorry. I saw where you mentioned that on FB; that's why I said forget what I said about honey, honey. Prayers and blessings...

Re: Stink bugs... - 12/06/14 02:41 PM

It's okay, jabber, I appreciate any and all suggestions. One of them might work. laugh

Re: Stink bugs... - 03/13/15 08:06 PM

If anybody out there is having a problem with Stink Bugs, they say those things are in several states now, we've found an agent that gets rid of them. Raid has a Fumigator on the market; it's in a blue box.