Imagine a Woman In Love With Herself

Posted by: Pattyann

Imagine a Woman In Love With Herself - 09/30/05 04:47 AM

I was just rereading a book by Patricia Lynn Reilly called Imagine a Woman in Love With Herself and a favorite part is her mantra

There have always been women who remember the old ways. Women who hold within them the memory of a time in the very beginning when women were honored.
Women who refuse to worship the gods, to learn the language, to take the names of the fathers.
Women who refuse to twist their female bodies out of shape to fit into definitions, to transcend limitations. Women who love their bodies regardless.Women who refuse to please others by becoming smaller than they are. women who take up space with their thoughts and feelings, their needs and desires, their anger and their dreams.
Women from every age
Wild women
spinster women
wise women
rebellious women
midwives
witches
healers
activists

It goes on alot more but I was just thinking how lucky I am to know so many women like this
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Imagine a Woman In Love With Herself - 09/30/05 04:51 AM

Women who refuse to twist their female bodies out of shape to fit into definitions...Women who refuse to please others by becoming smaller than they are.

All of this really touched me...but these two especially resounded.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Imagine a Woman In Love With Herself - 09/30/05 05:37 AM

This book sounds very deep and worthy of reading. Thank for the tip...
Posted by: Dahti Blanchard

Re: Imagine a Woman In Love With Herself - 09/30/05 06:28 AM

Thanks Pattyann! I love that.
I've been re-reading "The Great Cosmic Mother" lately. Have you read that one? It's a great history and discussion of women's spiritual history first published in the late 70's but pretty relevant still.
Thought you'd be interested--I just got my "Mistress of Women's Spirituality" degree that I've been working toward for several years. It was a lot of work but totally worth it and fun getting there.
We're off shortly to pick up our daughter who's flying in from Minnesota just for the weekend to be bridesmaid in a wedding I'm playing the music for. Our son and his girlfriend are coming in tomorrow night for it. It may seem odd to mention that here, but family is spiritual to me too and I'm looking forward to the few short days of having us all together.

Dream of the Circle of Women
by Dahti Blanchard
published May 2004 by Spilled Candy Books
visit: www.dahtiblanchard.com
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Imagine a Woman In Love With Herself - 10/01/05 07:11 AM

Congratulations Dahti!
Posted by: Pattyann

Re: Imagine a Woman In Love With Herself - 09/30/05 11:11 PM

Hey, Dahti,
Who is the author of the book you mentionned?
Of course family is spiritual- all the things and people we cherish make us who we are!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Imagine a Woman In Love With Herself - 09/30/05 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dahti Blanchard:
It may seem odd to mention that here, but family is spiritual to me too and I'm looking forward to the few short days of having us all together.

I don't think it's odd...in fact, it makes all the sense in the world. As profoundly spiritual as I had always been, it's no coincidence that my devastating breakdown came right after my Dad and Mom died. The whole universe tilted, in the wrong direction, and my faith tilted with it. And then I felt no passion whatsoever for a very long time, until I redefined myself around - and re-discovered my spirituality within - my now "irrevocably changed" family.

Actually, that process is still ongoing...we're still fumbling around trying to figure out how to be family without them. But then, I guess that IS family, isn't it!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Imagine a Woman In Love With Herself - 10/05/05 12:30 PM

Most of my friends fit into these categories! I can't imagine it any other way [Big Grin]