Military Sexual Trauma (MST)

Posted by: Anonymous

Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 11/14/10 04:10 PM

A notice to MST (military sexual trauma) survivors!

Susan Sajadi is a lawyer who is currently setting up a class action lawsuit against the military for sexual assault survivors who feel their command did not handle the situation appropriately.

Anyway, if you HAVE served, and do fall under the above mentioned category, this class action suit is to fight for your justice, to correct the wrongs which you endured. Someone is finally standing up to the government!! I could NOT be more excited!

I spoke to her personally and was told nobody has to take any more of an active role than they wish to. So, basically, if all you want to do is add your name to the suit, to be counted, feel free. If you want to share your story, please do! If you feel up to it, you may even participate in the congressional hearings and media covered events. But by all means, you DO NOT have to do all that just to participate! Your role in this thing is up to you. And there are no costs, unless she actually wins us money, in which case it would only be a percentage of our winnings. So, no matter what, no out-of-pocket costs.

The more people who stand up to this, the better chance we have to effect a real change here. I strongly (but gently! No judgment intended here!) encourage anyone who was wronged by the military's handling of sexual assault cases to join! I've included her contact information, along with the website of the law firm. There is a link on the front page that will take you directly to the information about the lawsuit. I hope my fellow MST (military sexual trauma) survivors can join me in this fight. Either way, thanks for reading!

http://www.burkepllc.com/

Susan Sajadi

Burke PLLC
1000 Potomac Street, NW

Suite 150
Washington, DC 20007

(202) 445-1454
(202) 232-5513 (facsimile)

ssajadi@burkepllc.com
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 11/17/10 05:02 AM

Thanks for the great information Mustang,

This is important stuff and must be discussed so that those who have suffered can get both support and relief.

Re: Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 11/17/10 06:00 PM

I think this is very important and will join the lawsuit as a plaintiff. The reality is that we know that there will be no financial compensation -- we will settle for policy change and apologies.

Re: Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 11/17/10 06:27 PM

That would be a good beginning.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 12/13/10 12:12 AM

I find it repulsive our young women have to put up with "the good old boys club" in the Military or anywhere else when it comes to getting justice for being put in harms way...
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 12/18/10 01:51 AM

i saw a movie few weeks ago and it was so extreem i though it had to be fiction.
guess what it wase't guess who felt really stupid when all of a sudden i relised this WAS happening to female sholders, i was horrified. men afraid of strong women and those that have power over them resorting to gang bully and the oldest formes of power and swagger just to show the girls whos' boss when all thir showing is who is physically stronger.

good for you mustange and i hope many more read your storie and do what they can find within themselfs to do,
cheers love.

Re: Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 09/05/11 11:03 PM

Well, I've been recently informed that the lawsuit filed on 2/15/11 only included 17 of 80 Plaintiffs. Over 80 Plaintiffs signed a retainer agreement with attorney Susan Sajadi. She lied.

Re: Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 09/05/11 11:45 PM

Like you, Mustang, I'd certainly like to know more about how this could happen.

After all, it would seem like it was to her advantage to have more plaintiffs in the lawsuit, even though I believe you said no money was being asked -- only official apologies.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 09/07/11 02:23 PM

Mustang,
1st, I'm sorry you had to experience such an incident. 2nd, I'm sorry the law suit is being mishandled, as it obviously is. IMHO
for any woman to join the military is a super courageous undertaking. Dee said she was in the service, I believe. And now you indicate you also served. God love you! Prayers and blessings! I hope you get the apology, U so richly deserve. I admire such stamina!!!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 03/28/12 01:00 AM

I wonder if it's any different, safer now than when you ladies were enlisted?
Posted by: Maverick

Re: Military Sexual Trauma (MST) - 07/04/12 10:41 PM

No it's not changed much.