Chicken Soup wants your story

Posted by: Dotsie

Chicken Soup wants your story - 10/17/06 04:41 PM

This was taken from the writergazette newsletter.
www.writergazette.com

* Chicken Soup: Empty Nester's Soul
PAY: $200
"Empty nest" experiences test the elasticity of both heart and home. Co-authors Carol McAdoo Rehme and Patricia Cena Evans invite you to contribute to Chicken Soup for the Empty Nester's Soul. True stories or anecdotes that explore your losses and discoveries, rifts and rescues, pandemonium and silences - and the hope and humor that helped you survive it all. Please go to http://www.emptynesterssoul.com or http://www.chickensoup.com for story guidelines and submission. For each original story published, a 50-word biography will be included about the author and a permission fee of $200 will be paid.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 10/17/06 07:41 PM

Wow, this is great Dotsie. Thanks for the tip. I whipped up my story allready, and will submit it tomorrow.
Hannelore

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 10/18/06 05:44 PM

Hannelore, don't forget you can get some of the gals to critique it through the Critique if you like.

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 10/18/06 05:50 PM

Oh Gosh, I didn't know that. I sent it off allready. I'll check nabbw for future reference, that's for sure.

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 10/19/06 01:04 PM

Not to worry. Good luck!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 01/30/07 10:22 PM

Any news yet Hannelore? What was your story about? If you don't mind me asking.

chick

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 01/31/07 11:50 PM

Chick, I submitted in "Chocolate Lover's Soul". My story's title is, "Enjoy".
I haven't got any response. Then I sent them a mail, and they wrote back; "no news is...no news..."
Did you submit a story, Chick ? Have you heard anything?
Posted by: klmr13

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 02/09/07 02:16 PM

Quote:

"no news is...no news...

Wow, that seems a little snippy on their part, doesn't it?
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 02/16/07 04:27 PM

Health Communications is extremely slow. They held my manuscript hostage for six months as it went from one tier of editors to another.

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 02/17/07 02:33 AM

I thnk anything in the publishing industry is s l o w.

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 03/09/07 12:30 PM

I just returned from a conference and I was able to have lunch with a gal who is the VP Editorial DIrector for one of the major publishing houses.

Everything Brenda says is true but soemthing else that should be mentioned is the fact that the publishers have to be able to sell the books to Borders, BN, Wal*Mart, Sams Club, and independents which isn't always easy. They also have to pay for space placement in these big book stores.

This gal shared that 10% of the books pay for 100% of the books. It just goes to show you how many books actually MAKE money.

If you're writing books to make money, you might want to think again.

Now this is with major houses. THere are other ways to publish as you all know.

Another ting I've learned from some writing friends who are with some of the almost big houses is that they end up spending their advances on travel and promotion. I guess it depends how important it is to get your message out there.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Chicken Soup wants your story - 03/09/07 05:41 PM

Tell me about it. I've been struggling with this issue of promoting. It's not easy. But I have a message, praise the Lord! That keeps me going and finding new strenth!