How's Betsie

Posted by: Dotsie

How's Betsie - 05/28/06 07:34 AM

Anyone heard about Betsie's gathering for her family and friends who were helpful to her while her husband was ill?
Posted by: Rev. Dr. Betsie H. Poinsett

Re: How's Betsie - 05/28/06 06:24 PM

Hi, thanks for asking. I posted about our lovely memorial services under "Losses" - it was so beautiful - we spread his ashes at sunset on our lake with dear friends. It's been a hard week though - I keep saying to myself "he's REALLY gone!" Wow after 40 years. We thought all of our paperwork was in order -- it wasn't I'm telling all my friends to check theirs -- it's amazing the things we overlooked. Like his ex-wife was the beneficiary on an old insurance policy!!! It sat in our safety deposit box for 30 years!! Luckily she has been most gracious about it and will sign the check over to me. PHEW. Plus I got to the probate court and when they looked at his will it had NEVER BEEN SIGNED - even though it was witnessed. Weird. I'm almost done with the paperwork though, thank goodness. Hugs, Betsie
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: How's Betsie - 05/29/06 06:08 PM

Betsie, glad to hear it went well. Sorry I missed the post in the Loss forum. We still have the ashes of a loved one and havne't chosen what to do with them yet. We need to make a decision soon.

I recall Dad doing paperwork after Mom died. It took him over a year to get her name taken off the phone bill, of all things. He spent hours on the phone every month. They'd tell him it was done, and darn if the next month didn't roll around and there was her name again. It's so insensitive. What are these people thinking?

Are you finding ways to fill your time without him? I'm sure your hert breaks daily. You are in my thoughts and prayers.