Time change

Posted by: Dotsie

Time change - 03/10/08 08:32 PM

Started walking early mornings again last week and it was perfect. Now the time's changed and it's dark again. Nothing like walking in a new day, but I really don't like walking in the dark. It's just not the same. The light does me just as much good as the walking.

Spring's coming. What's everyone doing for exercise?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Time change - 03/11/08 08:04 PM

I have to start moving more. I'm not getting near enough exercise. I am FAT!!! And out of shape, which you ladies coming here in April will see. But now the weather is nicer I will be 'pool walking' everyday and hopefully walking the resort. Its nice in here and the streets are wide and great for walking or bike riding. I am looking for a new bike, mine finally fell apart. It was second hand, maybe third, who knows?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Time change - 03/11/08 08:23 PM

Chatty, girlfriend...not to worry. I put the F in Fluffy! I'm coming to see YOU, not if you are fat, skinny, yellow, green, or anything else...just YOU! And I can't wait! Wuhoo! What's the countdown?
Posted by: orchid

Re: Time change - 03/12/08 05:37 AM

At least when I walk towards my worksite, the sun is starting to break over the mountins..amongst the construction cranes and stuff.

Still feels abit chilly to cycle part way to work..we'll see in a few weeks. I only cycle on weekends and holidays during our milder (compared to Northeastern continent) winters.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Time change - 03/12/08 06:24 AM

My jaw muscels are getting a work out. Been gabbing away too much. Now if only the rest of the body would follow.
Chatty, I have the same problem. My cold set me back to the pace of a wandering sand dune.
I need the motivation. Thanks Dotsie.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Time change - 03/12/08 08:26 AM

Winter has finally broken here in Minnesota. It's been a long one! The extra hour of light at night has me walking, too. Every night this week I have gone out for a little while. My goal is to walk at least 30 minutes each night.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Time change - 03/12/08 01:07 PM

My jaw muscles have been getting a work out too, but it's not from jabbing, it's from eating. So hear are more pounds being added to the Vegas gathering!

Anno, what a relief. It's bad enough here in Baltimore. I can't imagine where you are.

We should begin a walking club and add our minutes every time we walk. Let's see how many minutes we can walk thsi spring as a group. It might motivate us.

Re: Time change - 03/12/08 01:46 PM

What a great idea. When should we start? Maybe we should have a fresh post that says something like
MINUTE-BY-MINUTE or something like that?
Walk-a-Mile-in-my-shoes?
Gone Walking?
B-Walkers?
Got A Minute?
A Mile A Minute?

Whatttt? I'm walking anywhere from 20-30 minutes a day. Most days it falls about 25...It clears my head.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Time change - 03/12/08 11:11 PM

Okay, JJ, start this post. I am in!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Time change - 03/12/08 11:19 PM

Quote:

I have to start moving more. I'm not getting near enough exercise. I am FAT!!! And out of shape, which you ladies coming here in April will see.

Oh Chatty, my sentiments exactly! I was wondering how I could lose 25 lbs before mid-April...

Kathy

Re: Time change - 03/13/08 12:10 AM

Yeah, me too Kathy...in each leg...I-ya-ya...
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Time change - 03/13/08 03:19 AM

reading these posts made me put away the big jar of macadamia nuts I was grazing on

I hate, hate, hate, and hate the time change. "Spring forward and lose an hour of sleep" is to me a synonym for MIGRAINE.

Re: Time change - 03/13/08 07:48 AM

Haha! How about if we all walk to Vegas!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Time change - 03/13/08 09:26 PM

Hannelore, do you need special shoes to walk on water?
Posted by: gims

Re: Time change - 03/13/08 11:17 PM

I hate, hate, hate the time change, too!!!!
It takes me so long to retime my personal body clock.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Time change - 03/14/08 04:06 AM

I'm ok...if I get enough sleep. Right now this year..I'm tired from lack of sleep.

It is pleasant to see more light after work.

Re: Time change - 03/14/08 07:29 AM

lol, Meredith...no. I always knew my flat feet must be good for something.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Time change - 03/15/08 07:47 PM

Well ladies the count down as JJ says is now 27 days.

Kathy don't even try. I went on a diet the first part of Feb, for the get together and gained 6 pounds. I should never diet, it is my downfall because then all I do is think of food (and then eat it.)

Hannelore, if I could get you to come here, I'd carry you across the pond...He, he! Can't swim a stroke either, so you take your chances with me...

Meredith, macadamia nuts are good for you to snack on, the healthy kind of snack...

Not sure who is all coming to Vegas. How about a PM if you are. I may just have something up my sleeve. he, he!!!
Posted by: gims

Re: Time change - 03/16/08 04:54 PM

Can I send a holographic picture of me to Vegas... and you can all turn to it to see what I have to say? how about a virtual connection? You all are so lucky.