Tap water

Posted by: chatty lady

Tap water - 05/23/11 10:41 PM

Does anyone drink their tap water? I buy bottled and have for years mow but am hearing that our own tap water is superior and subject to more rules of purity than any bottled water. What do you think?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Tap water - 05/23/11 11:18 PM

I'm a tap water drinker. I don't see any point in paying for water. We do have a filter built into the fridge's water dispenser, which MAY remove some chemicals. I don't know how they work...
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Tap water - 05/24/11 12:44 AM

We have a filter that removes lots of things from the tap water including chlorine, fluoride, and nasty things like giardia. And yes, bottled water isn't regulated very well, if at all. We have stainless steel water bottles that we use if we need to take water with us (which is pretty much all the time if we're going to be gone for more than an hour.) Although our water quality is supposed to be good, Congress is trying to gut the clean water/air acts, so I don't have a lot of faith that our water quality will remain good.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Tap water - 05/30/11 01:39 PM

We drink tap water. Used well water for many years and bought bottled water to drink then, because I didn't trust drinking the water processed through our in-home treatment system. A few years ago public water lines were installed passed our property, enabling us to feel more secure about using tap water.

Re: Tap water - 05/30/11 11:05 PM

Thanks for your replies ladies... I appreciate them!

Re: Tap water - 06/14/11 07:41 PM

I never realized out tap water has to pass many more tests than are used on bottled water. So we never actually know whats in the bottled water we drink!