Muammar Gaddafi is Dead.

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Muammar Gaddafi is Dead. - 10/20/11 06:07 PM

Per a report I saw online via the Chicago Tribune, but credited to Reuters. Great news for the world, but somehow I never thought it would happen... Of course we are not yet "home free" there with regard to the fighting, as one of Gaddafi's sons, heir-apparent Saif al-Islam, is believed to be still at large.

Here's a Libyans Celebrate link, which contains a graphic video clip.

Re: Muammar Gaddafi is Dead. - 10/25/11 04:27 PM

And now the AP says he's been buried at a secret place in the desert -- but that an official with the interim government, said international organizations that ask to see the burial site will be given access.

I dunno. I've always adhered to that Ben Franklin quote, "Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead..." So how secret can this burial place remain?

Desert Burial
Posted by: jabber

Re: Muammar Gaddafi is Dead. - 10/26/11 02:51 PM

Anne,
Never heard that quote but it's amusingly true!

Re: Muammar Gaddafi is Dead. - 10/26/11 04:53 PM

The quote was a favorite of my third grade teacher. She taught us a lot of "Ben Franklin-isms" during a lesson series where we learned about him, but that's the one that I most remember. Here's a link to a few more from Ben: Ben Franklin quotes
Posted by: jabber

Re: Muammar Gaddafi is Dead. - 10/28/11 02:25 PM

Here's my favorite: "A good conscience is a continual Christmas."

There's something to be said for that ole adage, "Virtue is its own reward." Enemies can lie about you, accusing totally awful stuff. But when you know in your heart of hearts you're innocent, you can keep on, keeping on. And even have a smile on face!!!!