Lousy weather!

Posted by: chatty lady

Lousy weather! - 11/12/11 09:35 PM

Even here in Las veas the weather is so bad. Cloudy, dark in the daytime, NO SUNSHINE, and it even drizzles. The temp. is below 62* everyday. This is truly flu weather so if its as bad where you live stay bundled up and warm. I've lived in Nevada since 1980 and it's never been this awful weatherwize...
Posted by: jabber

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/13/11 03:21 PM

Funny thing is, Chatty, 62 degrees is a nice, warm temp in this area, this time of year. I'm happy when it's that high. Tomorrow the contractor is suppose to replace the bay window in our living room. I'm hoping it doesn't rain or get too windy before that project is done. We ordered a bow window from a large national firm, back in July. While typing the first order, an employee hit the wrong numbers on the computer. Now the second order is to be installed tomorrow morning. Here's hoping that process goes without a hitch! Four months seems a bit extreme, especially when the replacement is a product made by Pella. Competence seems hard to come by nowadays.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/13/11 06:24 PM

Today is the 3rd day in a row I haven't seen the sun. It's raining right now and cool; at least it isn't cold! Yesterday was windy as well as overcast; the rain is supposed to be gone tomorrow and then sunshine! I have a hard time doing much of anything when it's dreary like the last days have been. I guess you could say I'm solar-powered! :-)
Posted by: Di

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/14/11 02:21 AM

Yep...same in New Mexico. The dreariness makes me want to stay in bed and read a book....all day!!

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/14/11 03:37 PM

It's beautiful here this morning, warm and temps in mid 60s. The contractors have been working for 3 hours now. They must be about done. I haven't been downstairs to see the results, yet. [And in hindsight, I'm thinkin' why would you care?] But I use this harmless writing as a way to vent. Hope nobody minds! Periodically, the sun is even trying to shine. I love it. You ladies there in Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada have lots more warm weather than us in the East. You can't have all the good stuff all the time. We want a little sunshine, too! LOL....
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/14/11 07:02 PM

I agree with you Jabber, that the Southwest can't have all the sunshine! (We've got it here, today, too, though I don't yet know how warm it is) Plus, you desert dwellers need a little bit of rain in your lives now and then...

My mother, who lives south of Tucson, always talks about monsoon season - which is probably about over by now. Do they have monsoon season in New Mexico and Nevada, as well?

Anne

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/14/11 10:23 PM

We have it in Nevada but it's mostly just high winds and some scattered showers!

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/15/11 01:07 AM

Record-breaking rainfall yesterday; thank goodness it's all gone today and the sun is back! We need the rain, but I don't need more overcast days - too depressing! Our summer monsoon lingered longer than usual, and we've had more rain than usual already for Fall. Our winter monsoon generally starts around January, so I'm not sure what's going on with our weather patterns.

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/15/11 04:04 AM

Yes, we have monsoon seasons here....July/Aug/Sept..BUT, not much rainfall AT ALL this year!

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/16/11 12:41 AM

We're having Tornado warnings, now. Two were coming this way recently and then turned east fifty-miles south of us. That's kind of scary stuff!!!

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/16/11 01:03 AM

Scary is right, jabber. Stay safe!!

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/16/11 01:56 AM

Hope they're well past you by now, Jabber. Not much scarier to me than a tornado!

Anne

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/17/11 07:01 PM

It's snowing! Right now.... Is it Holy Cats or Holy Cow????

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/17/11 07:48 PM

Wow, Jabber, snow seems hard to imagine here today. Here it is very cold but sunny.

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/17/11 10:34 PM

They're forecasting 2-5 inches tonight and overnight. But they're also saying it'll warm up to the upper 50s during the weekend. The long range prediction looks good even through Thanksgiving Day. How R the winters where U R, Anne?

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/18/11 02:59 PM

We got an inch or so of snow. Now the sun is shining. It's suppose to be a relatively nice weekend, weather-wise, around here. Temps are forecasted to climb to 50 degrees plus; that's good in these parts, for this time of year.

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/19/11 10:51 PM

We have high winds here in the desert the past few days and it as been in the low 60's. Thank God we don't get any snow, any thaqt lasts that bis. No sunshine either, I wonder where it went?

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/20/11 02:22 PM

Warm here this morning. Wish it could stay like this all winter.
LOL.... just dreaming!

The weather isn't as lousy as our football team. Fitzpatrick hasn't played since they gave him a 59 million dollar contract.
That's lousy.

The weather is excellent.

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/23/11 03:00 PM

It's so foggy today, I can't see the houses across the street. Seems like a blanket of misty gray has been dropped on the world stage!

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/23/11 06:20 PM

We're having sun today, though it's still chilly outside. I think they are predicting a lovely warm day for tomorrow.

I am hoping the "weather gods" send some of our wonderful weather east to you, Jabber!

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/24/11 03:19 PM

Thanks, Anne. Today is nice. And the upcoming weekend is suppose to be even nicer. Have a wonderful time, today, Anne. Prayers and blessings to U and your family!

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/25/11 02:51 PM

It is beautiful here today and tomorrow is suppose to be better.
The sun is shining. The grass is green. I'm just soaking it all in as long as I can. Love it!!!

Re: Lousy weather! - 11/27/11 02:59 PM

WB, Taffy, Daisy, and I went geocaching yesterday in Fort Erie, Niagara Falls, Chippawa, and Welland, Canada. The weather has been awesome lately. Today is like springtime. I was noticing this morning how the Willows still have a third of their leaves in-place. I don't remember such a beautiful November, here.
We had a dusting of snow, onetime, all month. That's it. The temps are hovering in the low to upper 50S. I love it!

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/14/11 03:29 PM

Weather around here has been so awesome lately, it's frightening to think about what could be coming down the pike. They say Lake Erie is warmer than normal; whatever decides to come across the Great Lakes, therefore, could have some real punching power. Living through the Blizzard of '77 was enough excitement to last me a lifetime! That deluge closed a couple snow packed, major highways for a week straight!

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/14/11 04:34 PM

We have had two days of almost steady rain, which we sorely needed, and cold temps (at least for us here in the desert!) that have been below normal. But the sun is out today and it's supposed to warm up to the high 50s.

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/14/11 07:47 PM

I'm glad it is warming up for you in the desert.

Here, we are having a gray, cold and rainy day -- warmer than usual for us in the Midwest, but the kind of day that chills you to the bone! I think that may actually be one key reason why I am heading back to the kitchen right now to do some more holiday baking! Having the oven on will help me keep warm! LOL!!

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/14/11 08:28 PM

I do that too, Anne. When chilled to the bone, I cook something
that needs baking, so I can turn the oven on without feeling guilty.

Yonuh, It's supposed to be 55 degrees here tomorrow. It's raining right now and that's they say will continue through the night.

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/15/11 08:45 PM

If this rain don't stop, I'll have 2 do what Noah did and build an Ark!

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/15/11 09:09 PM

Ah, you must be experiencing the rain we had here in the Midwest for two days. Today is cold and blustery, but no rain. So look for relief tomorrow. smile

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/16/11 02:39 PM

It's about 20 degrees colder than yesterday, was 55 degrees now 30 plus. But at least it isn't raining. Long-range forecast doesn't look too bad. Anytime it's in the mid forties around here, this time of year, we consider ourselves lucky. The grass is still green. A couple ski resorts are open but making their snow.

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/16/11 04:19 PM

Our local ski resort is opening today - we had a storm that lasted two and a half days and dumped a lot of snow up there. The road up the mountain just opened I think yesterday, so the skiers and snowboarders are quite happy. Meanwhile, down here in the valley, it's hitting the low 60s today before the next storm comes through over the weekend.

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/16/11 06:10 PM

We've got sunny and cold again today, the high ought to make it to 32. But the wind has quit, so that's a nice change. Like you, Jabber and Yonuh, the local ski resorts have opened, but they are having to make snow.

Still, I bet it would be a FABULOUS day to be skiing, were I into that these days. (Haven't been since a badly wrenched knee from a ski fall about 25 years ago. Doubt I will ever take this up again. But I have nothing against watching OTHER PEOPLE ski from the comfort of the chalet.)

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/16/11 11:32 PM

The mountain here is up and running, tons of skiers up there and we've had little snow but they are cranking it out. I love the chalet at the top, hot toddys, snacks and a huge fire pit to toast your cold tootsies. Probably won't make it up there this year and will miss the trip but I'm still too wobbly on my feet to be fooling around in snow.

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/17/11 03:12 PM

Chatty,
I pray you get stronger and stronger and better than new, asap!
WB and I live in what they call the southerntier around here. We're not far from the area's major ski resorts. I love those mountain chalet's, too. I love the smell of woodburing stoves. I love the taste of marsh mallows and hot chocolate. It's okay with me that there's little snow on the ground. I'm fine with it!
Posted by: Sandy N.

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/22/11 11:08 PM

Freezing fog this morning in the Pacific Northwest. I've posted a couple of photos on my blog: Frosty Photos
There's plenty of snow for the skiers at Crystal (Mount Rainier) and the Summit at Snoqualmie, but no new snowfall either place for a couple of days. Here in the lowlands, it's warmer.

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/23/11 03:09 PM

We've a dusting of snow from this morning. But the weathermen are not calling for any significant build up. It doesn't bother me! I'm as happy as a puppy with a new toy. But the skiers and snowmobilers aren't overjoyed about it. They're complaining big-time.

Hey Sandy N.; R U on FB? If so, how about linking? Please PM me if this interests U!!!

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/23/11 10:12 PM

Got/getting LOTS of snow. The entire state of NM is under the drifts!

But it'll be 58* on Wed!

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/23/11 10:20 PM

32 degrees and cloudy, but so far no snow. If we do get any today, it will be just a dusting. Steve and I leave Christmas Day for Madison, and I think the forecast is clear and dry until later in the week. Hopefully we'll stay dry until AFTER we return. THEN it can snow all it wants, and I will be delighted to sit at my desk, look out the window and watch it!

Happy holidays, everyone, whether you are celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or something else!
Posted by: Sandy N.

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/24/11 12:23 AM

I'm with you, Anne. I enjoy walking in the snow (used to ski), but I just plain won't drive in it. Sitting by a nice fire, watching big flakes fall, is my favorite way to enjoy snow.

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/24/11 12:32 AM

Over 40" snow up on the mountain - high today down here in the valley was 46 and windy. I think the wind chill was somewhere in the 30s and another hard freeze predicted for tonight. But it will be in the 60s again next week. I'm not used to the cold weather and don't like it. If it's this cold, there had better be snow!!

Re: Lousy weather! - 12/24/11 01:09 AM

Amen, yonuh. but we GOT the snow....and it's not my fav thing. Heck, then where do WE go if we are cold in the Southwest?