Shared words...

Posted by: Mountain Ash

Shared words... - 09/15/10 08:42 AM

A Friend sent me this message..she is a woman who uplifts when she speaks and writes...let me share what she sent.

Summer's End
Summer, it's a time of abundance, to enjoy the summer sun, flowers and fruits ... but, summer, like everything else, doesn't last forever. If summer was forever, all the energy and potential would reach its limits and inertia would set in. And so slowly but surely, the cycle turns; everything moves on. Everything has it's own time; it's own season. Remember, the end of something good, means the start of something also good. All you have to do is be connected and in tune with the natural flow of nature's energies.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Shared words... - 09/15/10 10:47 AM

Yes..I like that, "...in tune with the natural flow of nature's energies."
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Shared words... - 09/15/10 01:16 PM

Summer Ends and Fall begins... ans so the cycle of seasons goes on.

The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:1
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..."

I find very interesting the cycle of life and also, that God in His infinite wisdom, chose to create different seasons. And each season has its own beauty, and we can learn from each one and enjoy them.

Re: Shared words... - 09/16/10 08:20 AM

I like that you draw a connection Songbird to my friends quote with biblical text.
Ecclesiastes is also used on my family tomb.."Like the leaf we all must die" Given that this was engraved in 1895 it tells me
that words endure.

My friend is a humanist and as we journey some of our life together I see srong similarities to other women who I care for and myself who have different beliefs.

So to pose a question...does love and regard for humanity cross cultural and faith barriers.
My short answer is "yes"
embrace the difference
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Shared words... - 09/17/10 01:37 AM

Interesting, Mountain Ash:

Love and regard for humanity cross cultural and faith barriers, but the Bible tells us that true love comes from God, who is love Himself. (1 John 4:8) He is the Author of love.

So I believe God put in humanity the seed of love, and as we come to know Him better, we learn to love ourselves and also learn to love our neighbors as he called us to do.

Re: Shared words... - 09/17/10 07:58 AM

Interesting..
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Shared words... - 09/21/10 08:17 AM

Quote:
So to pose a question...does love and regard for humanity cross cultural and faith barriers.
My short answer is "yes"
embrace the difference

Tonight I went to a monthly dinner/discussion with friends who are from a variety of faiths, cultures, and beliefs. We are all spiritual; some are religious and some are not.

There is love for all, and acceptance of all. There is cross-cultural sharing, open minds and hearts for new people and ideas.

No proselytization, no condemnation, no "my way is better than your way." Just love.

What makes it work is that we don't see our differences as barriers, but rather threads in a tapestry.

Re: Shared words... - 09/21/10 09:58 AM

You know Merideth I knew your opinion would be so encompassing.

and for me life is a tapestry..I was taught to make the back of a piece of sewing as tidy as the front..stonemasons who carved cathedrals and castles made the work at the highest point and least viwed as splendid as those on view.

my short answer is also "yes"
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Shared words... - 09/21/10 10:44 PM

I'm in agreement, a heartfelt "yes." love your analogy to tapestries and medieval stone masons.

By the way, I watched that Starz TV special on Ken Follet's fabulous book, "The Pillars of the Earth," and seeing those stonemasons in action was so amazing.

I'd recommend the miniseries to anyone who didn't yet see it. The Pillars of the Earth
Posted by: jabber

Re: Shared words... - 09/30/10 01:55 PM

Divine,
I like that statement: "Threads in a tapestry!"

Songbird,
I love your site name. I'm sure I see "seeds of love" in all
humanity. I don't understand humans being cruel to other living
creatures, be 'em human or animal. I don't understand hurting
anything or anyone. I've known people who show little love and I've know people who show lots of love. And I believe God is Love. So I don't know where that leaves me????
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Shared words... - 10/11/10 01:17 AM

It leaves you loved by God jabber, and loving all those around you who deserve your love. That's my bet!

Re: Shared words... - 10/25/10 03:20 PM

I like the sound of that, Chatty. I pray frequently to be favored by all people. Recently, I've been the victim of lies.
And my rep has been sullied by enemies I didn't know I had. It's an uncomfortable feeling to believe folks think badly of you, when you're innocent as newborn baby. On the other hand, my heart says the way I'm feeling, has to be so much better than the way those telling untruths and doing evil deeds are feeling. sick

Don't know what happened to The Golden Rule???

Re: Shared words... - 10/26/10 02:22 PM

Do you folks think school bullying and general tormenting has
increased since 911? This is a personal survey, because that's the perception I've gotten within our societal gorounds these last 9 years. What say U?

Re: Shared words... - 11/22/10 12:43 AM

I can remember when in Catholic grade school the horrible bullying and teasing of those less fortunate for one reason or another. It continued in High School but wasn't as mean. It was more violent though, fights! The only difference I can see today is the teasing is more shameful and not just between one group of rotten kids and some poor kid that is different. Now these weirdo rotten kids, male and female alike post things on the internet to embarrass the teased one so th0ousands can see it. Bullyinbg and teasing has always been here and unfortunately probably always will.

Re: Shared words... - 12/03/10 10:00 AM

Has anyone here ever been teased until it hurt? Have you ever been the one doing the teasing?