Blessings from A-Z

Posted by: Dotsie

Blessings from A-Z - 01/27/11 10:17 PM

After reading Dee's uplifting post for a Happy Thursday, I wnated to share something I learned while reading the book Lit.

A good practice for counting blessings is to begin with the letter A and find something to be thankful for beginning with that letter, then work your way through the alphabet. I have a horrendous cold and haven't been sleeping well. I did this when I awakened the other night and fell asleep when I got to the letter Y.

Hope this helps someone.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Blessings from A-Z - 01/27/11 10:46 PM

Oh I love this, Dotsie!! And will adopt it immediately! What a great way to step through so many patches of life...like periods of 'limbo', or insomnia, or even sitting in waiting rooms or store line-ups! Thank you so much for sharing...very excited about this one! For years I've done something similar, usually while doing drudge jobs (like washing lots of dishes). I'd start praying for people, starting at A and working through the alphabet. I still do that at night when I can't sleep. But this counting of blessings seems like it will do amazing things for the soul and mental well-being!
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Blessings from A-Z - 02/03/11 01:22 PM

Well, well, I certainly agree that this is a wonderful way to list and become aware of all the wonderful blessings we are bestowed with, Dotsie.

Writing our blessings down helps us realize how fortunate we truly are and helps minimize the possibility of becoming "blue".

This is a very good idea. And an easy one to remember!!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Blessings from A-Z - 03/05/11 06:36 PM

Years ago, I had been keeping a "Thankful" Journal. It always made me feel better at the end of the day to post the things I was thankful for before getting to sleep. I love all the ways you ladies listed to be positive and be blessed. Thanks for sharing.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Blessings from A-Z - 04/15/11 01:50 AM

Now when you are old and grey, lol, you can pull out those earlier journals and reread them and you will be shocked at some of the things you made note of I bet.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Blessings from A-Z - 04/21/11 06:20 PM

I had a friend who could list scripture Biblical references from A to Z. And she did that for 5 1/2 years, while in the nursing home. She and I would go through the list together. Example:
A, "All things work together for good to them that love the Lord." Z, Zion is a hill in Jerusalem.

I love Dotsie's idea of doing this concept with one's blessings!
Thanks!

Re: Blessings from A-Z - 04/22/11 01:06 PM

Doesn't just thinking about HEAVEN warm the soul!!!

Re: Blessings from A-Z - 04/23/11 01:34 PM

I think a Thankful journal is a great idea!