The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101269 - 04/20/07 09:03 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Madalyn]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
the weathers lifted heer considriblie and quite freekilie people are getting sunburned!
i had great walks and picnics in the park thats 2 streets away...drives to the countrie and big days out walking by lakes...i looking to incress exercise and feel RELIFE that spring is heer, so lucien we are both 2run the roads" which is a saying that means we both love being out....anywear better than in lol...
he's 3 and askes can we go out ...even can we go shopping lol...and he dosent get bought anything he just knows its the start of out and who knows weer we end up lol. craftie chappie

#101270 - 04/20/07 11:02 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Madalyn, glad you are back to walking.

Celtic, Lucien and I have so much in common. I would do anything to be out of doors. I believe that is the most difficult part of winter for me - not being ouside.

I have walked every day this week, for 45 minutes or more. It feels sooooo good. Spring is here to stay, in Minnesota, and I am very, very happy.

#101271 - 05/25/07 03:24 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Just for the recod, I am getting lots of wlaking in these days. Four days this week I walked for an hour in the wee hours of the morning. The air is sweet, the flowers are fantastic and exercise is great. We even saw four deer one morning, then a teeny chipmunk playing in the garden. Life is grand!

Anyone else still walking?

#101272 - 05/25/07 08:35 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Anno Offline

Oh, I am!

This is my absolute fovorite time of the year to walk. I love to look at yards and gardens and landscaping. I find it so inspiring.

Yesterday, during my walk, I stopped to watch the ants. There was a ant hill crawling with the tiniest ants I have ever seen. New babes, I am assuming. They work so hard at building the hill, carrying food to the next, digging out. I have always found ants to be one of the marvels of the world.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#101274 - 05/26/07 06:55 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ]
Anno Offline

When I lived in Seattle, several decades ago, I remember the carpenter ants and the slugs. It was the first time I had ever seen a slug.

#101275 - 05/27/07 10:21 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We have slugs. I remember the kids putting table salt on them and watching them disolve. What rotten kids. Have you ever stepped on one in bare feet?

#101276 - 05/27/07 11:36 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I´ll gladly walk daily. I WANT TO walk daily..but this crazy time of year..with school ending everything that is going on..I don´t make it every day.I actually walk and then jogg and thenwalk..and it makes quite a difference in my feelings and spirit and body!!!

So I am out there doing it with you as often as i can at the moment which I hope will be everyday when the worst if over, so to speak!!

E. Roosevelt said something to this efftect: don´t let doing something just a little stop you..a little will go a long way and it´s always more than doing nothing! Sooo true, don´t you think?

#101277 - 05/30/07 02:09 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes! I walked for an hour htis morning. It's gorgeous here. This is the time of year when it's not too hot and not too cold. It's just right!

humlan, there was a time when I would walk, then jog, then walk. I can't do that now. I have to do all walking due to knee surgeries. But that's okay. As long as I can get this body moving ...

#101278 - 05/30/07 05:44 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Since daylight starts earlier now, I have been getting my daily walk in at 5:30 AM before my day gets too busy, and to beat the heat of the day.It is hard to roll out of bed and get going, but it is so quiet and peaceful at that time of the morning before the noise of the day starts.

#101279 - 05/30/07 09:32 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Cookie]
Anno Offline

For a while, I was putting my walking shoes, jeans and a t-shirt right by the bed. When I woke up, there they would be to remind me to walk before I made the coffee and hit the shower. Thanks for the reminder, Cookie. I think I will reinstitute that habit.

Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved