The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101124 - 01/02/07 12:49 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hannelore that is great! We have a lake a few block from our home with walking paths around it. It is 3.2 miles and add the blocks from home it is almost 4.2 miles. Takes me an hour when I hustle. I just don't do it often enough.

Chatty - post your progress. I usually think in minutes, not miles. I will post my minutes after I finish today.

Dotisie, JJ and Chatty - me too. I weighed myself after I returned from vacation and was shocked at how much I weighed. I am determined to have it off in three months. I will only be telling myself how much I weigh, though.

#101125 - 01/02/07 02:39 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Yeah, me too! I like the idea of journaling the walk...fits right in with my resolve to enjoy whatever I am doing. I took a long walk on Friday around the neighborhood. I especially like to do this in the spring when all the plants are turning green and people are working in their yards. Sometimes I imagine what they were thinking when they did certain things. I don't mean that in a critical way...but more in a curious writer kind of way...were they happy the day they bought those plants or were they sad and thought the plants might cheer them up or were the plants a gift...why did they choose begonias over petunias...that kind of thing...makes for interesting contemplation! LOL

I used to love to walk my dogs on the beach...I can still smell the salt air...heaven on earth!

#101126 - 01/02/07 08:50 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Okay, I went for a walk...it was cool...my cheeks are still tingling...noticed how green many of the lawns are...they must have winter grass of some sorts...I liked the deep, brightness...made me know spring will be here...noticed one older home...it gets in more disrepair every time I go by there...wanted to be able to fix it up...

Mostly I thought about how much my back was hurting and thus how much I needed the walk!

#101127 - 01/02/07 09:03 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jane, you are so lucky to have had the chance to walk the beach. That's one of my dreams. I haven't done enough of it.

Hannelore, I love the idea of walking in other neighborhoods. My only issue is time. The mall is minutes away and my neighborhood is right outside my door. Duh! So that's why I use the routes I do. I'd love to have more time to venture into other areas. One of these days...

So many of us have so much in common...like weighing more than ever. That doesn't sound so good. We need to do something about that. Let's keep walking more and eating less.

I walked for an hour at the mall this morning. Before my injury I walked 15 minute miles for the most part. Not sure how far I'm walking in an hour now.

My friend and I noticed our eyes were watering. We figured it must be the forced air at the mall. Yuk. I hadn't seen her since before Christmas so it was good to get caught up. I don't think there was a moment of silence. We met 16 or 17 years ago when our kids were in nursery school together and have been dear friends since.

#101128 - 01/03/07 12:46 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
We went out with the dog on New Years eve. Met some new folks who moved in last year. Nice people, and we all like each other, so we have some new friends! And it all happened cause I talked to them about the block fence they made with a coupla glass blocks put in. Really cool to have friends in the neighborhood. And what's better about it, is they are just down the alley from us and he is black, she is white. We have NO ethnicity in our neighborhood and that is awful for me. for me, if a neighborhood is all white, it's blah. And our immediate cul-de-sac has a lot of blah and keep-to-themselves people on it.
And my roses are blooming madly.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#101129 - 01/03/07 12:52 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: JaMaPh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well, I walked today as well and loved it. 45 minutes of brisk walking. I always go out with a scarf around my neck, gloves, coat, etc...and before the walk is thru I'm stripping! ha! I've also drank at least 4-16oz. bottles of water today and will probably drink a couple more before bed. Can you say PP-dance?

Walk clears the cob webs....my head is so clear when I get back and I feel sooooo good. Why then is it so hard to do this every day? We know it's good for us, we know we will feel like a million bucks when we get through, and we'll trim down. So? Why does my mind interfere?

Anyhoo....let's continue down this path (no pun intended) girls. Life is simple! (That's my new motto)

#101130 - 01/03/07 01:24 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Today my walk was very short - the time issue got in the way. We do have a fair amount of diversity in our neighborhood, and JoMaPh, I agree about how much more interesting that makes the neighborhood.

My plan for tommorow is a walk around the golf course - That should be a good couple of miles, or more. Hoping for 45 minutes, myself.

#101131 - 01/03/07 09:22 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I've gained too Dotsie. My Hubby's metabolism is so much more than mine. He eats at least twice as much as I do, and he's so thin! Jeez, that's just about unforgivable.
That's a good idea about drinking more JJ. Will do. And Dotsie, it's great that you can even do those walks now. Sure looked differently a couple of months ago.
More power to us all!...Got to run, ah,...walk.

#101132 - 01/03/07 01:40 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Edelweiss]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I take a walk with one of my dogs every morning. (The other dog is a couch potato). There's a road nearby that I can walk with her to the local community college that has lots of grass and trees on either side. If time allows I go all the way to the college (the same college where I volunteer at the computer classes for seniors) and back, that's about 3 miles. If Brandy spots a squirrel or a rabbit, sometimes it's more like a jog!!
Just got back from this morning's walk and it is way too warm here for December! Going to be in the 80's today.......

#101133 - 01/03/07 03:26 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Anno Offline

Just returned from my 30 minute walk. A few days ago, we had rain for a few hours and then snow. Since then we have had a daily thaw and a nightly refreeze. A bit trecherous out there this morning.

I miss having my dog to walk with - but I don't miss him enough to replace him quite yet. Someday, perhaps.

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved