The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101134 - 01/03/07 10:41 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I went to Curves for the first time in 2 weeks and did my 3 times around. I usually go with my sister and we chatter but she wasnt' there so I went alone...I worked out harder when I wasn't chatting. I like to go there for the flexibility...some of my joints are crotchety and need the momentum of the machines!

But I decided to take a short walk anyway because it was such a beautiful day. I realized that daffodils will be blooming here in a couple of weeks...always a treat in the end of January!

My joints are whinning after the overdue workout and the walk but I think they will be just fine in time for tomorrow's excursion!

#101135 - 01/04/07 01:42 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Jane I hate to tell you, but I think we have rain scheduled through Saturday. If it isn't bad, I'm walking anyway....

I bought a radio headset (Sony) and I love it. I was half walking, half jogging, half dancing all the way tonight. Wait...that's too many halfs....well, anyHOO...I was getting it around the blocks...It's a new neighborhood that just went in this past summer and a dead end so a great place to walk. I bet they wondered about the short, somewhat fluffy woman dancing to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and then "I Heard it through the Gravevine" wuhoooo!

I can't wait till tomorrow's walk!

#101136 - 01/04/07 10:46 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Chatty here, head hung low in shame, posting my walking progress.....zero, zilch, nada. Haven't hauled my big bottom out of my desk chair, and have "NO" excuse what-so-ever. I am trying tomorrow, honest I am...sigh!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#101137 - 01/04/07 01:51 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Come on Chats. We're cheering for you.

I didn't walk yesterday. Had physical therapy instead. YUK. I much prefer walking.

JJ, please pass the headset. I love your choice of music.

#101138 - 01/04/07 02:10 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Jane_Carroll Offline

JJ, I heard that you have been around the block a few times...didn't know that's what it meant! LOL--hey what the...blub...blub...blub...let me out of the moat...no, I don't want to wrassle for a pairs of alligator's shoes!

Chatty...today's a new day...JJ's right, if it's raining or too cold, I'll be in the house...just do what feels right...

#101139 - 01/04/07 02:37 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You can do it Chatty...I know you. Once you set that Italian mind to it, NOTHING or NOBODY could stop you. You go girl, but GO at your own pace and NEVER, EVER, EVER, feel you can't say, "I didn't walk today." Heck, we are ALL going to do that at some point, soooooooooo....as Jane the Moat Swimmer says, do so at your own pace. We're here to cheer you on though!

Dots, this headset is a am/fm radio. The choice of MUSACK was an oldies station. I wish my portable CD player was worth a crap. Popea sent me some EXCELLENT music and I would love to have it as I walk....but alas the player I have is a piece of doo doo...

As soon as I loose this LARGE cup of java I enhaled this am, I'm walking. I'm going to do the Postman Walk. Come rain, hail, snow....

#101140 - 01/04/07 02:47 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Yes, Chatty, if anyone can do it, it will be you. Today I am going grocery shopping and when all that is done, I am heading out. I will bring my ipod today with meditation sounds. Could be interesting for a walk.

#101141 - 01/04/07 09:43 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Chatty, I'm more a night person, and I think you once said you are too. So maybe it's just easier if you do something nights. Hmmm that cool Las Vegas night air. That must be nice.

#101142 - 01/04/07 10:20 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I just returned from a 15 minute walk. Hey, it's better than none at all! LOL.

Wish I was in Vegas with you Chatty. We would be out walking every night.

#101143 - 01/04/07 10:48 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well, I just finished a 36-minute walk. Not hardly long enough but as you say Anno, better than nutin. It's raining here but just a light mist with no lightening, so I figure, hey, I won't melt. So I walked. Then almost at the end of the walk I realized I had a am/fm radio on my head. Could I have been elecuted? Just wondering....hm...

Anyway, the rain continues through tomorrow so I may take tomorrow off.

What I love is how it makes me feel AFTER I've walked.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved