The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101144 - 01/04/07 11:04 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mine got cut to 15 minutes today as the rain was become more in earnest...and I could possibly melt! Otherwise it was a great day for walking...58 degrees...it's getting easier again...my back isn't hurting as much...yea!

#101145 - 01/05/07 08:41 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh you dear wonderful women. I get so much strength from you all. We have high winds and nasty cold rain here right now. So first I went to Wal*Mart and walked all over the store, back and forth, up and down and around every isle. My pedometer said I walked 6000 steps, is that good?.....
Then on the way home I stopped at Curves and signed up. I have alot to lose and need to firm up as I go, don't want to look like melting dough when the weight starts coming off. I asked them if they would take my picture every 60 days so I can post it and you can see my results. Oh the PRESSURE, she sighs....But I need that, it'll makes me work harder...I even made out my own eating plan which will require walking just to get the food....

Edited by chatty lady (01/05/07 08:44 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#101146 - 01/05/07 11:58 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
No walk for me Thursday. I had walked an hour for three straight days, then ahd PT the next day. That night my knees were so sore so I took Thursday off. Today I have PT. Trust me, I'd rather walk!

Happy walking everyone.

Chatty, I was a Curves fanatic for a long time. I loved goign there. The women were so friendly. Try going the same time and days and you will make new friends. It's so fun to do the circuit while chatting with other women. You're gonna love it.

#101147 - 01/05/07 10:48 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Jane_Carroll Offline

Chatty, I go to Curves as well...one thing is that it is so good for my flexibility...I got so stiff after I started working at home, just sitting at the computer hour after hour. I think you'll really like it and you can take it at your pace.

I did my walk today. It was very pleasant, in the 60s I believe...no jacket...the clover is so green and plump...it must think it is spring already!

I walked about 30 minutes as I am still building up. My back still hurts after about 15 minutes...but then I'm away from home, so I have to keep going to get back!LOL

Dotsie,
I'd rather swim in JJ's moat with all the alligators as go to PT!

#101148 - 01/05/07 10:55 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I have to make sure I haven't had any water for at least 30 minutes before I walk. Otherwise, it becomes a jog. I haven't walked yet today, but I'm gonna...I hope.

I hear what you're saying about PT. Back when I had that last wreck I had to go for months and months. It was worse than the dentist office. I would look for any excuse in the world to keep from going....my bathtub leask...whoops, sure can't leave the house and go to PT if that's the case. Better stick around and make sure no alligators come up through the spout....whatever works.

#101149 - 01/06/07 12:14 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I did walk today, 25 minutes this morning and 15 just now.

Tell me more about PT. I have never had to do it, and it sounds like it must be awful.

My walk this morning was cut short because I had a few cups of coffee first. Didn't wait long enough, alas.

#101150 - 01/06/07 09:49 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Chatty: It is good to use a pedometer to keep track of distance walked. 10,000 steps is approximately 5 miles. So, at 6,000 steps you actually walked 3 miles! GREAT!!! If you keep the pedometer strapped even when at home, you might discover an additional 1.5 mile (average) walked just puttering about in the house.

#101151 - 01/06/07 10:23 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Just a tip. If a walker measures distance walked, rather than time, it makes it easier to journal progress. It gives an incentive to walking further as well when one notices the big difference in distance reached from and by a 10-minute walk on the first week to that of the next. Happy walking!

#101152 - 01/06/07 03:46 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

See I think otherwise....I measure time and just increase the time each week. I'm going to be walking the same area each time and since it's a circle, I'm simply walking the circle MORE. I'm walking the same pace, so it helps me to know how much more I've done by journaling the time spent doing it. Just my druthers....

#101153 - 01/06/07 05:04 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: chatty lady]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Chatty, You had asked about whether 6,000 steps is good. There's an interesting program called "10,000 Steps"...that being the everyday goal for good health (according to the site). Here's a link: http://www.shapeup.org/10000steps.html

Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved