The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#104190 - 01/23/07 12:13 AM Pig Farmer Serial Killer
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Robert William Pickton of Vancouver, BC is on trial for 6 of the 49 women he killed. He was looking for his next victim to make it an even 50 when he was apprehended. He was a successful Pig Farmer and had all the tools he needed to torture and kill, then cut up and dispose of his victims. Didn't know about this until today, but its an excellent reason 'not' to eat pork anymore....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#104192 - 01/23/07 05:39 AM Re: Pig Farmer Serial Killer [Re: ]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
So glad I don't eat pork. How sad for all his victims and their families. What sick people there are in this world.

#104193 - 01/23/07 09:43 AM Re: Pig Farmer Serial Killer [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

He said when asked by the court appointed psychiatrist what made him do it, he supposedly said, "he was tired of torturing and killing the pigs, that their squeeling from pain gave him a headache."

Edited by chatty lady (01/23/07 09:44 AM)

#104194 - 01/23/07 02:31 PM Re: Pig Farmer Serial Killer [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh my word. This sounds like a story someone made up.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#104195 - 01/23/07 02:35 PM Re: Pig Farmer Serial Killer [Re: Dianne]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
This is all too sick! How awful!

#104196 - 01/30/07 04:50 AM Re: Pig Farmer Serial Killer [Re: TVC15]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
How depraved! Its hard to imagine how far the human mind can sink into evil. Now, there's one I personally wouldn't hold any hope out for his salvation...
But then, again, I'm not God.

How horrible for the mothers and fathers of these women. I have to ask "why?" would it be allowed that these people would have to suffer in this way and then be humiiiated even in death by being fed to pigs.

But then, abortion tortures, rips and tears a human soul to pieces then discards their remains in a trash bin like medical waste...I guess there's not much difference other than there have been millions of babies tortured and killed in this fashion not a mere 49 or 50, and the serial killers are still walking free and unapprehended.

#104197 - 01/30/07 11:12 AM Re: Pig Farmer Serial Killer [Re: NewLeaf]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dianne haven't you ever heard the saying "truth is stranger than fiction." I bet his victims and their familys wished it was something someone made up.

Edited by chatty lady (01/30/07 11:13 AM)

#104198 - 02/03/07 02:38 PM Can't wrap the brain around this 1... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
I heard about this jerk on the news. Serial killers are beyond comprehension. There's a bike path killer in our area, authorities arrested recently. It took them over 20 years to get him. Thank God for DNA. Anybody that could hurt another living creature is so far out there, you can't even imagine it. What a bummer!!!!

#104199 - 02/05/07 09:58 PM Re: Can't wrap the brain around this 1... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gimster, I alwsy think of the families too. Can you imagine beign the mother of htese sick people? Mothers are not always to be blamed.

#104200 - 02/06/07 10:02 AM Re: Can't wrap the brain around this 1...
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea mums or parents are all too easily the target for blame for kids behaving strangly....Acknologing the effect up-bringing has on kids and thats its a strong influencial force into adult life....but still as adults we have responcibility not to directly live out or act out on our younger life teachings.....Personal development always a great thing and we all can change....

sorry wonder off a bit their, Is or has this man been diagnosed. I know when the behaviours way off the bat its easy to think yea they gotta be mad to do that...but has he a mebntal illness (not sure if all people who behave like this are mentally ill allthough its hard to think of them being sane)

just sometimes i worrie that we get the idea that mental illness always equates with thse types of very sick behaviours...werrass the majority of those with mentall unwellness wouldn't behavie like this....

Funny wee thing but i always watch people with animals and how they behave with them....if they crule to animals then i can't help but think if they could get away with it then thats how theyd treat people too....just one of those silly we private therioes iv formed about peps but it stands me in good stead. Anyway i get too cross at peeps that badly treat animals i wouldn't have them in my life anyway..

celtic_flame

#104201 - 02/08/07 02:59 PM Unfair blame...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dotsie,
Sometimes I think kids deliberately do things that they know will hurt their parents: either out of spite, for attention, or plain meanness. I don't know why mon and dad are the first ones blamed. I'm with you; they're not always at fault.

#104202 - 02/08/07 10:48 PM Re: Unfair blame... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
celtic, I agree on the animal theory. As a child, I saw a neighbor beat his dog with a wooden bat because it ran away from home. I've often wondered what he did to his children.

#104203 - 02/13/07 07:46 PM Re: Unfair blame...
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dotis,
As most abuse comes from is handed down to the kids , because the parents were abused as kids themselves and abuse of animals are included . There are a lot of parents out there that a hurting and kids pay the price . Lynnie can tell you that . You have to stop the abuse before it is spree to the children and animals. Getting Therapy helps

Blessings,

#104204 - 02/14/07 10:13 AM Re: Unfair blame... [Re: Sadie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Celtic...yes the handling of pets..You are so right.
I do believe there are people beynd the majority of us.
Scott Peck wrote "People of the Lie" I have met several.They are mostly "I" people without empathy.In my type of work sadly those people did harm often and easiily.
Yet we must keep trying. Autism explaims some of this concept but there is more I am sure.
Mountain ash

#104205 - 02/15/07 01:02 AM Re: Unfair blame... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
This story is sickening. I can't really comprehend. It's a fact that abusing animals is a symptom of a violent personality. In families, pet abuse often rises to people abuse. Ash, what do you mean by "your type of work?" Do you work with mentally ill? Usually a very dangerous diagnosis is paranoid schizophrenia. While most paranoid schizophrenics are not violent, some Paranoid Schizophrenics hear voices, have delusions, that tell them to hurt themselves and/or others. I've never read anything about a correlation between autism and violence. However, generally autism does denote an inability to relate to others. I think empathy is different than conscience. This serial killer obviously had no conscience. So many victims!

#104206 - 02/15/07 06:33 PM Re: Unfair blame... [Re: Princess Lenora]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
a chappy named Foder explaned such things as autisum and other disorders with his brain model called modularity of mind. He clamed certine area of brain can be effected theirfore produces certine ideosuncrises or strange mental function buth the rest of the brain functions as normal. Hence with Autisum its the part to do with socibility emphatetic responces such as naming emotions and understanding others emotions. Its a varience but an important one from someone with psychotic tendencies. In that instances they have or know that an action will offend hurt someone but it is the inability to care regarding that indivduel. Other brain functions are as anyones elses and in some situasions are highten compared to the avarage person hence high functioning autistic engineers, surgions,atcuteck becouse of their intense focus and fasinasion on detail.

Most Autistic behaviour if it involves agression is to do with the autistick person being overwhelmed and in panik and in desprite need to get out of the situasion they are in that may have them pushing or agrtessivly treating another, its born out of fear and panic.

The psychotic personality or sociopath as i have said knows exactly the effect and distress they have on another they just don't care about it at times looking as if they don't fully understand or have emphathetic responces but they do and perhapps its this fact that makes this disorder so chilling its like a child way before they develop concinse sence of self or understanding of another. wee l can and dose show regrett if he hurts another and he just turned three he might not be able to plot that this behaviour dose that to another sucessfully all times but if he dose hurt someone he moves into carring and trying to repaire at lest socailly and emotionally the hurt he has done.

Generally the indivduels who conduct such crimes are damaged emotionally not organically (someone else above said as much) and have frozen or out of their own rage even if it is smolderring controled rage that is barly detetiable hurts and tortuers others. Its their emotional damage twistedness or warrpedness that motivatess and drives the torturing.

pyronoid schizoidfprenicks as lynn was saying are more likly to hurt themselfs by the voices comande or compulsion than to hurt others. The few that hurt others surly make the papers given the rest classed with this disorder a bad press. A person with this illness gives it away by the manner in which they speek its generally obviouse

whenever someone commits thes types of crimes like this farmer its hard to think of them as sane but they may well be perfectly sane or free from a mental illness as such.

went off on one their but i just get nerviouse and scarred that innocent enough but mentally unwell people get tarred with a bad brush, it just isolates them more becouse people are too afraid to be near them.

strange world at times eh!

#104207 - 02/15/07 06:46 PM Re: Unfair blame... [Re: celtic_flame]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I don't have specifics, but I have heard it's been proven that when people are cruel to animals eventually they will harm humans.

Some people are just downright evil. Plain and simple. There are people who do horrible things that have been raised in wonderful homes - and many good people come from horrible homes.

laurapoplin.com

#104208 - 02/18/07 10:06 AM Re: Unfair blame... [Re: Daisygirl]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Daisy, I think it is a well known fact that harming animals is a precursor to harming adults. Although I don't think that it is a given that someone harming animals will automatically harm adults.

When I was a young child (oh, my, so very long ago) there was a boy in my neighborhood that hung his cat. He wanted to see how a lasso worked. He went on from there to killing squirrels so he could disect them. He was an odd sort, and eventually got caught by his family.

He ended up being a nice young man, a gentle sort. He started out nasty, tho. Something or someone must have intervened and changed his life around.

I heard or read recently about another murderer that started out by tying the tales of two cats together and watch them kill each other. I don't remember the specifics, but in this case he did go on to murder humans.

All of this to say, the harming of animals is usually a sign that someone does have a mental illness and perhaps, if found when they are young, perhaps they can be helped. The harming of animals should not be ignored.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved